Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
Oh yeah, maybe something like this too: http://www.vuzix.com/consumer/products_vr920.html

The future is now...

lol

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think the Atrix idea is a great one. Now if only Android was a real OS... I'm tired of all these "kiosk" OSes running on beautiful, powerful hardware. Where's my MeeGo dockable handset?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
meego is dead! Nokia & Intel had their opportunity last year and they blew it. Trust me, they will have to come out with something more than what Apple/Android is doing now to really have a chance and they can NOT leave simple things out of their phone/OS once it comes out.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Orlando, FL
Someone managed to get the iphone to work with a touchscreen. Really shouldnt be any reason we cant do this.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/13/c...-carputer-dre/

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
But -- this breaks the ice for the market!
True. And it gives nice benchmark to Motorola and its rivals if this really is hit or miss. Is there big enough market for these kinds of devices? How big are profits? Nokia and many other companies hold huge amount of stuff that would make most of us **** our pants but reality is that itīs not profitable to make devices that cost lots of money if market is small. On the other hand someone could say that even-thought it cost lot of money and might end up being not profitable to company itīs more about marketing the brand. We will see and I like this trend but then again Iīm gadget freak and I belong to niche market compared to most of my friends and people around me.

Last edited by slender; 2011-01-16 at 12:50.