If someone from Finland needs a bl-5j, i can recommend this seller:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/--nokia...esta/418452117

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I see Onite but that has pretty bad reviews from people who took the time to actually test them.
https://www.amazon.com/Onite-Replace...ews/B00KNJ0YGI
So far, I'm very pleased with the Onite battery I got. I've been calibrating it over the past few weeks and I'm consistently getting ~1570 mAh out of it. Two caveats, though:
1. I've only been using it for about two months, so who knows if it will last; but so far, so good...
2. There's the problem with battery eye that I'm asking about in the linked thread, but I suspect that doesn't have to do with the battery itself...

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by dovf View Post
1. I've only been using it for about two months, so who knows if it will last; but so far, so good...
I had similar experience with a doubled up Polarcell but within 6 months they were down to 500mAh each. I guess they started out good and went to crap. Truthfully if I could find a truly reliable 1200-1400mAh cell which would serve for two years with less than 10% loss in capacity, like the Scuds did, I would be happy.

I bought in Greece a 1450mAh Li-ion 3.7 V 5,37Wh for 15€
with the name 'Reverse' (in greece the reseller names it NetOne)
made in PRC

I used the first time with the charge it had and when the indication
get red i charged from the usb cable for 10 hours.

But the first two times the duration is less than 24h in not frequent use (1-2 calls , 1 hours photo/video)

It says it need 3 recharge cycles to display max perfomance..
let see.. i 'm douptfull ..

In the past after the nokia BL-5J that came with my second-hand n900 which lasted less than day i bought from ebay a PolarCell Akku Li-Ion following forum advice that indeed proved very good and lasted 2 years!! (the top cap came off after many falls and maybe shortcircuited? i'm not sure but my multimeter show it's dead).

I bought also a 1 x PolarCell Akku Li-Ion from cellphone.de but that never came :-/ and they want me to sing taking full responsibility if their inquiry shows that the mail service sent the item. I kindy reclined and having lost 15 euros i took the local alternative cause having 2 months with no n900 was too long for me)

The Following User Says Thank You to aprekates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
I brought my PolarCell nearly two years ago (October 2015), and it's only lost 6% of it's original charge! (1412 MAh according to bnf, when new it was around 1500 MAh)

As I said earlier, I would definitely recommend it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Does Nokia still make them "new"? Or are they all old stock?

Having trouble figuring out which ones out there are old batteries or new ones (or generics)
  • Translink Brisbane script (time to bus/train)
  • Commbank client (check balance)
  • Uber (basic client, request ride, etc)

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
Does Nokia still make them "new"? Or are they all old stock?

Having trouble figuring out which ones out there are old batteries or new ones (or generics)
I've noticed how some ads don't mention the compatibility with Lumia 520 (maybe because they are old stock or just didn't update their ad?).

I would guess that Nokia stopped making BL-5J when they stopped making the Lumia 520. Some ad's don't even mention "BL-5J"

Edit: How is the Mugen setup? Is this a worry?

Last edited by mike727; 2017-08-16 at 04:48.

Originally Posted by mike727 View Post
I've noticed how some ads don't mention the compatibility with Lumia 520 (maybe because they are old stock or just didn't update their ad?).

I would guess that Nokia stopped making BL-5J when they stopped making the Lumia 520. Some ad's don't even mention "BL-5J"

Edit: How is the Mugen setup? Is this a worry?
I'm only using the Mugen back case. Using an LG 2610mAh battery. The way I have it attached, there's no pressure on the sim slot/any part of the phone. Packaging peanuts are there to stop the connector coming off (held on by one piece of tape :P)

Just would be nice to have a non bulky phone again :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Reminds me of this one, if this is the on you were refering too:

Good times :P Didn't have any problems with it except bad capacity.
The IR sensor mod was fun though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I have been N900 user for a month now. I'm quite surprised that the phone doesn't feel like being that old. I mean, that it still has the features I need. Except one: the battery life (which has been a problem since the phone was published).

I bought a fairly little used N900, which has it's original(?) battery still in fairly good shape. The phone thinks that the battery's whole capacity is about 1280mAh, and when the phone thinks that the battery is fully charged, it is actually 94% (about 1200mAh). I guess this is normal wearing of the battery?

However, I bought two "new" (which I guess means not new, but unused) genuine Nokia batteries from internet, and this charger http://www.world-of-accessories.co.u...33-p-1345.html

For both of those "new" batteries, the phone thinks their whole capacity is only 865mAh, and "fully charged" means 680mAh (77%). However, those new batteries last approximately as long as the original one (10-16h in normal use). When fully charged, the battery level stays in 77% for first 10 hours, and then drops very fast to zero. So I think that the capacity of those new batteries is wrong. It should be bigger, roughly the same than the original one. But using them is pretty difficult, because it is hard to know when the battery is empty. That spare battery charger also thinks that the batteries fully charged by the phone really are full. So the problem really is that the phone fails in recognizing the battery capacity. Which I think is odd because those batteries are genuine and should have the same capacity as the original one. Is there any way to investigate this? Or to calibrate the phone for those batteries?

I actually did some searching for N900 batteries, BME and such, but there is pretty much information and I fail on finding answers on these questions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: