Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm really enjoying my n900! However, I have been unable to setup PC syncing successfully.

I am using outlook 2010 and my contacts sync successfully. However, I am unable to sync my email accounts (POP3).

I have my outlook setup with different files for each email, like so.

Outlook Data File
- Empty. Not in use.

Work Email
- Stores Work Emails

Enquiries Work Email
- Stores Emails for work about enquiries.

Personal Email
- Stores Personal Emails

Spam Email
- Stores Spam email when setting up accounts / registering for things

So each of those email accounts are stored in their own separate data files.

However, on the n900 there is only 2 emails I wish to use my Work Email and my Personal Email.

I have them both setup in my email accounts. However, they don't seem to sync with my Windows 7 PC using Outlook 2010.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

*EDIT: I have tried searching the forums but have found nothing to help me.

Last edited by artwork; 2010-06-27 at 01:08. Reason: Added more information

*Bump.

Any help, please?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
As a workaround, could you set up you emails accounts to be IMAP rather than POP? This effectively means you don't have to sync them.

Alternatively (my setup) I have them as IMAP on the N900 and POP on the desktop as I only ever nedd recent emails on the N900. This works around the need to have a large storage quota on the server...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you trying to use PC Suite (by Nokia) to synchronize the mail between your N900 and server or PC?
That is not possible, sorry.

@SXC; I have thought about running IMAP on both accounts. However, as I often have a lot of emails the loading time of IMAP would be inconvenient. I also wish to have perfect sync between the n900 and my PC.

@Dirty Harry; I wish to sync my outlook email (local PC) with my nokia n900 device. I haven't been able to find a way to do so. However, I noticed it is available with other smart phones. I was wondering if it was available with the n900.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sydney - Australia
I have a suggestion that may be way off the mark, over the top, most likely not work for you and possibly may not work at all. But...

[Deleted - Reread OP. Too many beers. Answer was way off. Guilty of PUI]

Last edited by DanCasper; 2010-06-29 at 13:06.

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
@Dirty Harry; I wish to sync my outlook email (local PC) with my nokia n900 device. I haven't been able to find a way to do so. However, I noticed it is available with other smart phones. I was wondering if it was available with the n900.
Well - you can't do that. Never really could with Nokia phones, don't know about others. Well, on some Nokia symbian phones (all?) I do recall you could do it, but that meant having two different inboxes (one separate synced with the PC though PC suite), the other fetching email from the server, but these would not stay in sync so the whole thing was pretty useless IMHO.

On the N900 you can only sync with the server, checking mail the usual way, that is what most people want anyhow I'd guess. If you use IMAP they will merrily stay in sync, or to be more precise; think of it as all your mail stays on the server, the client(s) read/delete from there. No datafiles needed on your PC, no backup issues for you.

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 2010-06-29 at 13:44.

Thank you Dirty Harry. It's a shame that you can't sync pop accounts. However, the n900 is still a fantastic phone.

Thanks for all your input everyone.

/lock