Active Topics

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by kempus5 View Post
I had exactly the same problem, also the automatic services didn't work for me, but I fixed it somehow. First I disabled emojifix by installing libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel.deb, then I installed libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb again and it all started working properly (with no 2-6 swap)
Can you please add as attachment your "libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb" ?

Thanks.

A++

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Thanks for the info. I have to test if I can make this work too. Did you install from terminal or with debinstaller application (though I think that should not make any difference...).

So to clarify: first you installed the original binary and then the modified binary?

Yes, I did it this way. Both .debs were installed by aegis-dpkg command - first the original, then the modified binary.

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Can you please add as attachment your "libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb" ?

Thanks.

A++
Here you are, I'm adding both files
Attached Files
File Type: deb libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel.deb (32.9 KB, 522 views)
File Type: deb libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb (34.6 KB, 512 views)

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kempus5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Yes, I did it this way. Both .debs were installed by aegis-dpkg command - first the original, then the modified binary.

Here you are, I'm adding both files
One more question: is reboot needed after installing the original file? Or can I install both and reboot after that?

Originally Posted by violalove View Post
Simple guide to fix the SMS Emoticon Drop Bug with the .sh file (Many many thanks to thp!). Here the full bug description https://github.com/thp/emojifix

1) You need to have the Developer Mode active. See this thread https://wiki.maemo.org/Resurrect_your_N9
2) Install Coderus Aegis-install hack package: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750 simply download the .deb file and tap on it
3) Download the .sh file http://thp.io/2014/emojifix/

Seems like .sh file has also been removed.

EDIT: and also all the installing instructions too.

Last edited by OVK; 2016-03-07 at 09:26.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
One more question: is reboot needed after installing the original file? Or can I install both and reboot after that?
I did the reboot after installing the original file, but I don't know if that's necessary. After reinstalling the modified libsms reboot wasn't needed - everything started to work correctly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kempus5 For This Useful Post:
I did the reboot after installing the original file, but I don't know if that's necessary. After reinstalling the modified libsms reboot wasn't needed - everything started to work correctly.
Thanks for the reply.

Since the install instructions seem to be gone from thp's pages, do you have also the instructions?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
Here are the original install instructions from thp.io as a zipped webpage, see attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Emojifix for N9_N950_N900 (thp.io).zip (43.8 KB, 423 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BentL For This Useful Post:
Seems like using the files from kempus5 fixed everything. No more twos displaying as sixes, sending and receiving emoticons works and also automatic SMS services are now working. Thank you all, once again.

I tried to fix 2-6 bug like that, in my experience I had to reboot twice, first after installing original file, second after reinstalling mod file.

Everything works great now, Thanks to the community

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
It turns out I hadn't done the emoji fix and had got along for over a year with a new-to-me N900 not noticing killed emoji SMSs. Being a grownup is boring or I was just missing out on fun SMSs until my wife noticed them on her Lineage Oneplus and tried to send me a few as a test. The SMSs with emoji were silently killed
Installed by sudo dpkg -i for both .deb files as the software updater errored out
I used .deb files from this TMO post, first the straight libsms and then the libsms mod
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=132
it didn't work until I rebooted
but now when I get SMS with one of the newer android (LineageOS-14) style emojis I can see the SMS text and the emojis appear as blank boxes on my N900.
So just affirming that newer emoji SMS in summer 2017 still works with this fix.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: