Active Topics

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
You can be condescending, but the form says quite clearly directly below the items they ask for in large print:

"If any of the above items are not mailed in their entirety, your submission will not be processed."

Their failure to update their boilerplate does not place a burden on the submitter to include an item not required.

Besides, if you mail in early you can correct the supposed "deficiency" prior to the deadline.

Even if there was such a requirement, Amazon's invoices do include both an "order date" (in small print) and a "ship date" (in large print). Which one do you think the minimum wage mail-opener is going to look at (especially if you circle it )?

My point is that the rebate form has no language on it which requires the submission of a receipt. Moreover, the form specifically states Requires purchase of a new, eligible Nokia N97, Nokia N900, Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, or Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Games Edition) device between November 16, 2009 and December 31, 2009.

You purchase something when you pay for it. The form also contains no language limiting when the device is ordered, only when it is purchased..

If you want to get into a tizzy, be my guest, but the plain language of the form says you get the rebate, even if you choose to submit a receipt despite there being no request or dTemand for said receipt.

Edited to add: I guess we'll see how it works out in 10 weeks or so.
Agreed. They also specify in some detail that you have to provide your OVI login and it HAS to be received by a certain date that is the real controls for when this is done. They are trying to get their sales and OVI numbers up for Q4.

Of course, if they'd quit dicking around and release/ship the phone, they wouldn't have to do even this. It would sell itself.

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Actually it does Einstein. It says it directly under the four sub-itemized required things to do.

'Please keep a copy of your submission for your records. Mail-In Form, dated store receipt and UPC/barcode panel must be postmarked by January 8, 2010 and received no
later than January 15, 2010. Submissions postmarked after January 8, 2010 or received after January 15, 2010 will not be accepted and are void.'

It also says it to the right in the fine print.

Also it doesn't matter if it say's the ship date or not...seriously learn to read the details. It clearly state's 'ordered', not shipped--if you ordered between Nov.16 - Dec.31. Jesus people stop being lazy and go back like 15 pages and skim through them and you'll get all your answers. Upper left hand side of your invoice...oh look...'Ordered Date'
Spinnikur,
Stop being rude please, there is no need for it.

Although you might think otherwise, it is still not 100% clear to everyone whether or not the order date will invalidate the rebate.

As far as I know a receipt is issued at the point of having paid. The fact that it was ordered previously in my opinion might be irrelevant. Heck I could even prove payment for the item going through my credit card, and they would only show payment as of the day it was charged.

***EDIT***
Nowhere on the rebate does it state that the item must be "ORDERED" between those days. It only states that it must be "PURCHASED" between said dates. I haven't PURCHASED it if I haven't paid for it!

Last edited by dantonic; 2009-11-20 at 07:29.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
You can be condescending, but the form says quite clearly directly below the items they ask for in large print:

"If any of the above items are not mailed in their entirety, your submission will not be processed."

Their failure to update their boilerplate does not place a burden on the submitter to include an item not required.

Besides, if you mail in early you can correct the supposed "deficiency" prior to the deadline.

Even if there was such a requirement, Amazon's invoices do include both an "order date" (in small print) and a "ship date" (in large print). Which one do you think the minimum wage mail-opener is going to look at (especially if you circle it )?

My point is that the rebate form has no language on it which requires the submission of a receipt. Moreover, the form specifically states Requires purchase of a new, eligible Nokia N97, Nokia N900, Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, or Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Games Edition) device between November 16, 2009 and December 31, 2009.

You purchase something when you pay for it. The form also contains no language limiting when the device is ordered, only when it is purchased..

If you want to get into a tizzy, be my guest, but the plain language of the form says you get the rebate, even if you choose to submit a receipt despite there being no request or demand for said receipt.

Edited to add: I guess we'll see how it works out in 10 weeks or so.
LOL...what do you think the 'Order Placed' language is in the upper left hand of the invoices...order placed, order date--common sense that the two mean the same thing.

Actually it does clearly state you need to submit a receipt even if it's not included in the four subsections. It clearly state's it directly underneath and if you had actually bothered to read the previous pages you would know that other people called Nokia and received the same answer that a receipt is mandatory with your submission.

Just because it isn't listed in the subsections but listed underneath them and in very clear language doesn't mean you can omit it. But go ahead and submit it without a receipt and watch it get denied. Stating what is actually on the rebate form is not condescending, it's stating what is said and what is not said, not your interpretation because it isn't in the subsection. Arguing the language isn't their, when it clearly is, is like arguing that their is no 'N' in the Nokia name on the rebate form even though it's clearly visible.

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
LOL...what do you think the 'Order Placed' language is in the upper left hand of the invoices...order placed, order date--common sense that the two mean the same thing.

Actually it does clearly state you need to submit a receipt even if it's not included in the four subsections. It clearly state's it directly underneath and if you had actually bothered to read the previous pages you would know that other people called Nokia and received the same answer that a receipt is mandatory with your submission.

Just because it isn't listed in the subsections but listed underneath them and in very clear language doesn't mean you can omit it. But go ahead and submit it without a receipt and watch it get denied. Stating what is actually on the rebate form is not condescending, it's stating what is said and what is not said, not your interpretation because it isn't in the subsection. Arguing the language isn't their, when it clearly is, is like arguing that their is no 'N' in the Nokia name on the rebate form even though it's clearly visible.
How can I be issued a receipt if I have neither received the item nor paid for it?
I don't think you understood what I was saying...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Spinnikur,
Stop being rude please, there is no need for it.

Although you might think otherwise, it is still not 100% clear to everyone whether or not the order date will invalidate the rebate.

As far as I know a receipt is issued at the point of having paid. The fact that it was ordered previously in my opinion might be irrelevant. Heck I could even prove payment for the item going through my credit card, and they would only show payment as of the day it was charged.

***EDIT***
Nowhere on the rebate does it state that the item must be "ORDERED" between those days. It only states that it must be "PURCHASED" between said dates. I haven't PURCHASED it if I haven't paid for it!
I think we have had enough people ( including myself ) in the previous pages who have contacted to clarify the position, and indeed told that a receipt is required for rebate processing.

It's not a matter of proving payment from your bank, hence the 'dated store receipt' part of the sentence. Plus we have also clarified ( other people also, not just myself ) that Amazon does not include the date in which they actually charge/ship your item on the invoice, instead they list the date in which you pre-ordered the item in question. See but in the eye's of Nokia 'order placed' is the same as order purchased, since they will not go by the only other date on the invoice which is 'Date Shipped.'

Everything that you are saying and that the other guy was saying, can all be answered in the previous 25 pages or so. I didn't mean to be rude, but when people fail to read the previous pages to see if it answer's their questions before responding to the newest comments on a page, it gets on my nerves, as I know it does for other people also.

Anyone know's that companies will do whatever it takes to not give out a single dime, which includes, small or fine print. Merely reading just the large print and because something isn't stated in the large print is not an excuse saying 'the language isn't there.'

Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
How can I be issued a receipt if I have neither received the item nor paid for it?
I don't think you understood what I was saying...

Ahhh, yeah we're not talking about sending the rebate out when we don't even have the product, we're talking about once we receive the product and the actual invoice from Amazon ( since they are the only company that put's the pre-order date as the actual purchase date on your invoice, and not actually listing the date in which you're charged for the item in question as defined by law as purchase of a product is defined as 'monetary exchange between two or more entities on a specific date.') That's all I've been trying to say as well as the other people who are also making a point.

Since Amazon doesn't charge you till they ship the product, that specific date should be in the 'order placed' section since technically speaking, fulfillment of an order actually being placed can't be used unless some kind of monetary exchange happens.

Didn't mean to be rude or mean--I'm pulling an all nighter revising a brief that is typed up by someone who doesn't know how to read previous pages that state the obvious, and it gets on my nerves. Didn't mean to take it out on you guys...that along with wanting my N900, really has me on edge.

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-11-20 at 08:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spinnukur For This Useful Post:
I def would include a receipt to play it safe but agree that it states PURCHASED between Nov 16th to Dec whenever.

If you placed an order for a preorder that just basicaly holds your place in line waiting for the device to be released.

You have not purchased it until they take money from you and shipped it out to you.

My question is are you required to send in the original receipt? If you do send in the original receipt what if you need to return your device will that cause any issues?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hihai411 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by hallokitty View Post
No.

"Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December" is in the email I have.
As mentioned in other if you pre-ordered with nokia.co.uk then estimated shipping date is 23rd of November..

The Following User Says Thank You to mklass For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by hallokitty View Post
No.

"Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December" is in the email I have.
Nokia retail stores are different to Nokia UK online shop, i'm told.
the same day NOKIA UK changed date on nokia uk to the 23rd, MPD Who also run nokia retail outlets started saying the 3rd december, i cant see NOKIA UK putting a date up whats already out dated

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mklass View Post
As mentioned in other if you pre-ordered with nokia.co.uk then estimated shipping date is 23rd of November..
Week starting the 23rd... in other words anytime next week (maybe).

Deliveries transportation and mail never worked in UK.