Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Wouldn't reusing the same client libraries as shipped with the N900 and binding whatever directories those use work?
Yeah, you would THINK so, wouldn't you?

Tried copying all the pulseaudio modules to Debian, and even mounting every possible pulse-related directory, without any success whatsoever. The chroot client simply gets unceremoniously disconnected.

I wish go1dfish would file the bug, so at least we can get Nokia to tell us if it is WORKSFORME or actually valid.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I was able to get TCP-streaming to work in the scratchbox, though I've yet to try on the device itself.

It seems that on my computer, pulse audio 0.9.15 is unable to stream to newer versions of itself. On Ubuntu, I have 0.9.19, so I compiled that version inside of scratchbox, set it up, and then everything worked like a charm.

Hopefully this helps someone. :-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emanuel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Well, tcp streaming works.

N900:
Code:
load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1 port=6000 listen=192.168.1.5
Desktop (Debian Lenny, 0.9.10 PA client library):
Code:
export PULSE_SERVER=192.168.1.5:6000
mplayer -ao pulse Moby-In_My_Heart.mp3
N900:
(incredibly loud* piano)

Anything else?

* EDIT: WARNING This seems to bypass the volume control, so don't use headphones to try. media.role is "x-maemo" so I don't know why it bypasses system volume. mplayer's own volume control (which actually sets PulseAudio's stream properties) works.

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-01-26 at 02:23.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Test it the other way around? Then test what we can do (for example, what happens when someone calls you).

What about the FM Transmitter. Can you do that + use the FM transmitter?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Test it the other way around? Then test what we can do (for example, what happens when someone calls you).
I don't know how to redirect running applications, but I am pretty sure redirecting started applications works

N900:
Code:
export PULSE_SERVER=192.168.1.3 
drnoksnes test.smc
Gets me some cheesy tunes on the PC.

EDIT: module-rtp-recv & module-rtp-send work; with them I can hear both the fmradio, media player AND phone calls, but audio is very choppy.

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-01-26 at 02:06.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I am not able to redirect fmradio; a connection is made to my server but all I get is silence and n900-fmrx-enabler using 100% CPU.

Pycage might be able to explain that though.

EDIT Ah, I see that FMRadio opens two streams on my server. I guess it's just feed backing whatever is recorded in hw:0 to hw:0 , and thus is just replaying my own sounds back to me. This explains the high CPU+network usage. Actually, if it were to record from hw:1 it would find my desktop's fm tuner there

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-01-26 at 01:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Well, tcp streaming works.

N900:
Code:
load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1 port=6000 listen=192.168.1.5
Desktop (Debian Lenny, 0.9.10 PA client library):
Code:
export PULSE_SERVER=192.168.1.5:6000
mplayer -ao pulse Moby-In_My_Heart.mp3
N900:
(incredibly loud* piano)

Anything else?

* EDIT: WARNING This seems to bypass the volume control, so don't use headphones to try. media.role is "x-maemo" so I don't know why it bypasses system volume. mplayer's own volume control (which actually sets PulseAudio's stream properties) works.
I've not the "load-module" command

Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
I've not the "load-module" command
It is not a binary in PATH, but a pulseaudio CLI command. I find that the easiest way to get access to it is to just kill pulseaudio ("stop pulseaudio") then restart it with "pulseaudio -C" (after installing the extra modules, of course).

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I am trying to use javispedro's technique to connect pulseaudio clients in the chroot to the Maemo pulseaudio server.

Some stuff I'm seeing:
- The /usr/bin/pulseaudio binary is marked as executable for root only, yet executing it as root generates all sorts of warnings. How should I be doing this?
- I replaced the tcp module line in the /etc/pulse/default.pa file with javispedro's line (using 127.0.0.1 as the IP address, keeping port 6000), rebooted, and then tried the "export PULSE_SERVER=127.0.0.1:6000" line in the chroot. Still getting "connection refused" from the clients...

EDIT: I needed to install the extra modules. Now I'm getting a different error in the chroot, "connection terminated".

Last edited by qole; 2010-02-06 at 18:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
off topic but question is there a way to use camera buttons to control audio when phone is locked. Example playing music without headphones and screen goes black. 2 minutes go by and you quickly wanted to turn down the volume for whatever reason. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Tags
audio, audio routing, feature, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, network transparency, problem, pulseaudio, sound