Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Broendby, Copenhagen, Denmark
I used it for a long time until the USB interface broke (literally) - then I spent about a year in Android camp, until I couldn't stand it anymore. Luckily a friendly soul donated his decomissioned N900 - after a quick flash I'm once again happy as a clown.

This time OC'ed to 805Mhz with actually gives somewhat the same experience as my old 1Ghz Android phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to flywheel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
when we talk about n900, I guess we talk not only about a device. We would like Motorola droid with maemo too. Maemo is what I like a lot, and of course n900 as a device.
As a device, n810 is even better. (:

the last 2 years:
-n900
-galaxy
-xperia
-desire
last weekend:
-n900 (back to the geeksphone...)
no android any more! love my n900. best phone ever! and best community ever!

The Following User Says Thank You to sperle For This Useful Post:
N900 is still my phone. SInce my first HP 95LX I have always tried to carry everywhere a mini computer in my pocket. Fortunately now they are also a phone so I only have to carry a device. With the availlable software and gems like EasyDebian the N900 fits my needs much better than an iPhone or an Android phone. I have an Android tablet but I still prefer my N900 for many things except for the speed and the screen size. I miss an upgrading of the N900 with a faster processor, larger screen, and HDMI output. Since Nokia quited I am waiting to see what comes out of Jolla MeeGo or Samsung Tizen.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by memeces View Post
N900 is still my phone. SInce my first HP 95LX I have always tried to carry everywhere a mini computer in my pocket. Fortunately now they are also a phone so I only have to carry a device. With the availlable software and gems like EasyDebian the N900 fits my needs much better than an iPhone or an Android phone. I have an Android tablet but I still prefer my N900 for many things except for the speed and the screen size. I miss an upgrading of the N900 with a faster processor, larger screen, and HDMI output. Since Nokia quited I am waiting to see what comes out of Jolla MeeGo or Samsung Tizen.
See Neo900 :-D. No larger screen but for sure faster CPU, and maybe even HDMI.
/j

PS: I couldn't even think of using any other phone. If I had to, it would be a feature phone, not one of those useless "smartphones" that drive you nuts and steal your data.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-01 at 17:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
N900 is still my phone. SInce my first HP 95LX I have always tried to carry everywhere a mini computer in my pocket.
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
See Neo900 :-D. No larger screen but for sure faster CPU, and maybe even HDMI..
I am also a fan of the pocketpc concept since my atari portfolio days.
But i guess it would be possible for someone to extend the neo900 project in the future for a larger screen too, one of the benefits of openness...

Last edited by electroaudio; 2013-09-01 at 18:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Thanks Joerg for pointing me to the Neo900 project. I forgot to say that my N900 is much better for drawing or for taking handwritten notes than my Android tablet or other devices I have seen (not tried the Samsung Galaxy Notes but seems too much work around). Thanks to the 'old-fashioned' resistive screen and the stylus. This is why I also miss a bigger screen. I liked very much the program Xournal as it worked in my Nokia N810. I also prefer to have a physical keyboard in the slider design. You can either work only with the screen with the keyboard hidden or with the keyboard when it is out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to memeces For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
N900 is getting outdated and, in fact, nobody in my social circle has the N900. I also never saw anyone in public places with a N900, except this one time about a year ago when I saw a girl in a bus playing with the N900. I looked at her like I saw a ghost . Why would a 20 year old girl buy this phone? And as far as I could tell, she wasn't into computers... So I was just wondering if any of you guys still use the N900 as your main and daily phone, and what kind of reactions do you get from your friends when they see your phone...

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Every day since 2009 as my primary device... and I have a second one to play with experimental stuff such as nitdroid/ubuntu/meego/mer/arch

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900