Notices

does the qml video component just act as an interface to gstreamer? if so, then there must be lots of other options for playback.. but i know nothin about nuthin so sorry if i'm not helping...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
does the qml video component just act as an interface to gstreamer? if so, then there must be lots of other options for playback.. but i know nothin about nuthin so sorry if i'm not helping...
The QML video component provides an easy way to display a QMediaPlayer in a QML scene. QMediaPlayer in turn uses gstreamer. The bug is in QMediaPlayer. Audio files work, video files do not (hence the QML audio component works fine). I have tried using Phonon (which also uses gstreamer) rather than QMediaPlayer, and it works, but performance is poor. There are a lot of dropped frames when playing on the N900. The poor performance is probably down to attempting to wrap a Phonon VideoPlayer in a QGraphicsProxyWidget. QGraphicsProxyWidget is (I think) intended for simple QWidgets, rather that a video player. So, it looks like I'm back to using KMPlayer to play video files for the Maemo 5 version.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
I haven't kept track with all the posts here, but have you by any chance tried qt mobility 1.1 and 1.2 for maemo5?

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ation_on_Maemo

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

I've tried them both, neither works in my experience. I'm in the same boat as Marxian.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
I think someone else mentioned this, but I can't control the volume of the video. Even if I mute the volume on my device, it still plays at max volume.

Originally Posted by verrnum View Post
Hi Thanks for you help, but it doesn't works.

What front end do you use ?

I tried on SIB and SMBPlayer, the problem is the same.

Thanks
nobody have same problems as me ??§§

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I have the black screen issue when watching movies. Is the new version available in extras-dev?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found It. Great work as always. Thx!

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-04-03 at 11:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 0.9.10 is in extras-testing, earlier versions will not work due to a change in the YouTube video web pages. I have verified that 0.9.10 is working.

The QML version has one remaining bug that I need to fix before release. I'll be working on it today, so hopefully the release will be within a day or two (providing packaging goes smoothly).

My website

GitHub

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
We love the Marxian! \o/

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The QML version has one remaining bug that I need to fix before release. I'll be working on it today, so hopefully the release will be within a day or two (providing packaging goes smoothly).
Great, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Tags
youtube