Active Topics

It been a month i bought this phone, i like it very and im happy about, before i share my problem i would like tell every one this is my first smartphone, i dont even know how to operate iphone. Lolz.

So now i bought high end phone.

I have a small issue with this phone and i was looking for help. But step by step plz.

Problem

1) you have only one contact list , which add gmail, yahoo, skype and gsm in one list, i didnt download the contact merger, since i have many people with same name.

But i want to keep my gsm contact from internet contact. It become very confusing , more over my my contact list look like 400 people , it hard to find corert people to call.

For example i have about 90 people on gsm , and about 400 people on internet list.

Just looking for an application to keep my gsm contact spereate. From voip product. As you people know that gmail add every contact you send email too.

2)
is there way to download live tv, like youtube.. I see my friend on iphone download youtube video all the time.. I guess zutube done work and i heard it does not download youtube.

3)
is there another way to download open office , rathre using easy debrain which very slow and it may spoil my phone. And i dont want to use doc to go since we have to pay for it.

4)
separate ringtone for special contact. Like my wife, boss and family member so i know whom to keep silent.( as you know wife call at the most uneven time hahah)

thank you.

Have to be member of n900 with maemo..

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Welcome to the forums

A part answer for question 1. While you can't have multiple address books, you can filter the main one.
Click on the "All contacts" menu at the top > "Groups" > select the group you like. It will filter the contacts based on your selection

For question 4: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...gtone+contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
The easiest thing is to merge contacts, so all the contact methods for one person appear under their name, along with green circles when they are online via that service. Then when you click the name you can chose to call via VOIP, Mobile (GSM/3G) or skype or whatever.

But if you actually do want to keep them separate you could install pidgin (a separate chat program) so they never show up in the contact list. Then if you go the built in IM client via the status bar you can disable those accounts and the IM contacts disappear from your contact list.

The downside to this method is the built in client is actually very good at staying idle, using minimal CPU time, and using the notification light etc. Pidgin isn't quite as schmick.

The other alternative is to use the "Groups" the other poster suggested. Probably the best way: Click "All contacts (###)" on the title bar -> Groups -> choose the service.

Try KOffice.

There is a way to set contact specific ring tones. I don't know what the app is called.

The Following User Says Thank You to fraz For This Useful Post:
thank guys, but i cant install mycontatc application, it says that this app does not exit, i dont know.

koffice i dont find it for n900 nor openoffice, easy debrian is very slow i hate easy deb. i wish i could run puppy linx.

Tags
contacts, open office, ringtone, youtube