Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hi folks!

I want to preorder my N9 64GB soon, but I'm planning to continue to use my N900 parallel because of several reasons.

There are already some guides and recommendations how to migrate. But those are are only one way guides...

Since I want to use both devices I would prefer a solution to synchronize my data instead of migrating.
  • SMS database (Conversations)
  • Contacts
  • Call log
  • Calendar
  • Notes
  • ToDo List
  • Browser bookmarks
  • perhaps Browser history
  • RSS feeds
  • MyDocs
  • user specific .conf Folders

Prefered Solution: As soon as I got at example a SMS message on my N9 I would like to see those at my N900 on the fly and the other way around!

Any Ideas?

A Application to sync the data manually later at home would also be great. But it should be possible to sync the data also from the N9 back to my N900. So a pure migration toolkit wouldn't do the job.

Perhaps a Application that exports all databases and files to dropbox and import it later at the other device?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
sync sms to an imap folder (or directly to a database somewhere), sync mail to imap, sync contacts and calendar to a caldav or syncml (funambol) server. That's for syncing the most important logical data.

Sync raw data (MyDocs, but also configuration folders of programs you use on both device) with any file syncing solution for linux.

Issues would be no out-of-the-box clients or servers available for some, and a bit of prototypical solutions for others, but if you had a N900 and plan on preordering a N9 it won't stop you

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Auckland, New Zealand
The N9 will sync most of this info with other devices, including Android and iPhone. It's not as complete as you would like but it's a start.

The Following User Says Thank You to nikrolls For This Useful Post:

Tags
contacts, conversations, files, migrate, syncronize