Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I saw a GS3 drop test video, it was pretty brutal to watch what happens when Samsung's 'cheap' plastic falls 4-5 ft. A few feet more and I think the phone would've broken in half like a candy bar. Not that I'm one to drop phones/electronics it still bothers me to know how minimal of a beating a Samsung product can take.
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Well, there is this plasticky feeling, true, but I must admit that up to now I haven't had crackings or squeakings with the Note. The back cover fits well even if I have opened and closed it several times for battery changing, and the microusb port is still attached where it was meant to be (this hasn't been true for some other beloved devices ).

Then, we should admit that in order to have radio waves pass through it without attenuation, and to make it light and cheap, they must go plastics, and not metal, even if those peripheral electrons of metal atoms are sooo shiny and feel cool. Carbon fiber who knows?
I've used SGS2 for a couple of weeks (was using Nokia N8 previously). Didn't quite like the phone I don't know why - might be because I didn't want to go with the crowd (read Android ) And during my short relationship with SGS2 (after using Nokia phones all through my life before that) this is what I felt.
  • Plasticky feel (as mentioned before)
  • Call quality was not upto the mark (when we compare it with Nokia)

Don't really want to mention the other drawbacks like that of the battery and other blah blah as I know those are not Samsung's problems, they comes with Android

Switched to Nokia N9 now and this is what I call a real smartphone

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-07-25 at 07:25.

Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Don't really want to mention the other drawbacks like that of the battery and other blah blah as I know those are not Samsung's problems, they comes with Android

Switched to Nokia N9 now and this is what I call a real smartphone
But the S2 has comparable battery life to Nokia's latest smartphones and on top of that has a removable battery. The Note specifically has great battery performance, one of the best of any smartphone. Not sure why battery is a problem.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-gal...oes-very-well/

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I saw a GS3 drop test video, it was pretty brutal to watch what happens when Samsung's 'cheap' plastic falls 4-5 ft. A few feet more and I think the phone would've broken in half like a candy bar. Not that I'm one to drop phones/electronics it still bothers me to know how minimal of a beating a Samsung product can take.
I just took mine out of a cheap, noname cover case from DealExtreme which was already falling apart after a few months, and put into the Stilgut case/stand I just received today.

I feel a bit safer now :-)

Guys I've learned earlier that in the ICS the memory is considered as a one partition.Thus, the limited 2 gb for installation will no longer be available and the 16 gb present in the galaxy note (for example) will be considered as a memory for storage and installation.But, unfortunatly this is not what I found on my galaxy note ICS 4.0.3 and now the 2gb for installation are nearlly full because I am a heavy downloader of applications, medical apps, tools, dictionaries, games etc...
Isn,t there a way to enlarge the limited 2 gb for installation?

What about the ICS 4.0.4, did anybody try it or not yet? Is it worthy to upgrade from ics 4.0.3 to 4.0.4?

Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
Guys I've learned earlier that in the ICS the memory is considered as a one partition.Thus, the limited 2 gb for installation will no longer be available and the 16 gb present in the galaxy note (for example) will be considered as a memory for storage and installation.But, unfortunatly this is not what I found on my galaxy note ICS 4.0.3 and now the 2gb for installation are nearlly full because I am a heavy downloader of applications, medical apps, tools, dictionaries, games etc...

What about the ICS 4.0.4, did anybody try it or not yet? Is it worthy to upgrade from ics 4.0.3 to 4.0.4?
2.3 was "super optimized" by Samsung.
ICS 4.0.3 was rushed, as Samsung clearly focussed R&D on the S3.
4.0.4 fixes many bugs from 403, not all.
I think [2.3.7] < [4.0.3] << [4.0.4]

And now there are 4.1.0/4.1.1 ROMs by the way

I'm flattered

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post

4.0.4 does not relieve this limit.
However, at least, moving several applications to the sd card doesn't seem.to.trigger bootlooping.any more, at least on my device.

Edit: moving S-Note to the sd card (through titanium backup) frees 90 megabytes in a single move!

Last edited by debernardis; 2012-08-03 at 17:45.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Galaxy note 2 is less than a month away from announcement.

http://www.gsmarena.com/august_29_ev...-news-4605.php

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
where did you get the image/concept from?

Last edited by Cue; 2012-08-08 at 03:34.

Its a "mock up" from a Pocket Now Article.

http://pocketnow.com/2012/08/06/how-...-note-2-a-hit/

I'm flattered

Tags
android, galaxy note