Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Having received my Jolla C, I want to migrate contacts and SMS from N9. What's the easy way, anything recommended?

In order to migrate your contacts, go to Bluetooth-synch in settings and select your N9. Confirm the code and off it goes. Convenient.
No idea about SMS import though.

In favor of other migrants, I'll also try to keep this post updated with related issues like email, docs etc, just report here.

And since I'm new to Sailfish and having no clue about code, I'm also keen to know your must-have apps/patches/scripts for Sailfish 2.

BTW, how about new category "Jolla C/Aquafish" in Devices forum?
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2016-07-22 at 00:40.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
I'm also keen to know your must-have apps/patches/scripts for Sailfish 2.
File Browser, SearchNemo and Situations is a must-have to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Contacts: export all contacts, copy over, import (that is the most clean way, you can attempt to sync via BT but my advice is do what I wrote)
Messages: there was a script around for going from N9->Jolla1 might be here or on together.jolla.com, but in the end, maybe it is time for a fresh start

Forums: will have a look the next days, was thinking about it a while ago

As you are new to SFOS, best starting advice, everything installed from openrepos may brick your device during a softwareupgrade, if you use OR make sure to read release-notes carefully, unapply all patches and best do not upgrade for a couple of days after a release if you got no time to recover it in the afternoon. Must-haves are the same as with N9, just some of them are missing, still.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Messages: there was a script around for going from N9->Jolla1 might be here or on together.jolla.com, but in the end, maybe it is time for a fresh start
Searched here and on TJC but couldn't find it.
Fresh start sounds good.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
everything installed from openrepos may brick your device during a softwareupgrade, if you use OR make sure to read release-notes carefully, unapply all patches and best do not upgrade for a couple of days after a release if you got no time to recover it in the afternoon.
Hmm, I can already see this will mean trouble for me. Will stick to Jolla Store apps then.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Have a look here to see how to import contacts.

https://jolla.com/guide/

It's quite easy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan Breen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
contacts, jolla c, messages, migrating, nokia n9