Active Topics

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was running to catch a train once and as though in slow motion the phone flew out of my belt case, spun around in mid air then landed and skidded about 10 feet away from me. like all of you my heart stopped and i thought it was fecked.

i have always used the OTTER BOX case and i have to say that this case saved my phone. the phone slammed so hard on the ground that the bezel around the screen (part of the case) flew off and the metal surround on the screen was knicked. I also always use a screen protector (mine is an iphone protector that i cut to fit my n900) aside from that the slider was a little weird after that but the phone has always remained fully functional.

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY.... BUY AN OTTERBOX CASE!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post:
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
I rear-ended a car on the freeway, my car caught on fire, by instinct, I started recording with my N900.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcvBq7vodSk

Originally Posted by number41 View Post
Ok, so, to sum it up:

N900 was attached to a GPS Stand, attached to the front windshield by a sucker. I had it connected to the car sound through a P2 cable. Night-time. Animal crosses road. Try as I might to compensate the resulting oversteer, car ends up on the grass by the roadside.
Too bad you didn't have GPS tracking and some video capture running. Now _THAT_ would have been something

The Following User Says Thank You to lbthomsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
I rear-ended a car on the freeway, my car caught on fire, by instinct, I started recording with my N900.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcvBq7vodSk
Instinctively! Awesome quality too.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Dude, you are focusing on 'is my cell phone alright?' after a near death experience. You should talk to someone. *pet*
Whilst this is true, its only because it was near, and not actual. I am glad my phone still works, but i can only be glad because I'm still here!
It wasnt my first thought however, the other priorities took over for a while, its only now I can reflect on how well it did (and how not well I did!) Now with the metal in me, im closer to having the n900 strength.....although I dont plan on doing that again!

I'll do show and tell too:

After my op to put me right - Clicky
The brain surgery scar - Clicky
How i normally look (for comparison) - Clicky

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
moral of kaos_king's story:

DONT DRINK EXCESS ALCOHOL!

(sorry mate but I hate hearing bout stupid **** ppl do when drunk, hope U get well asap....)

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
moral of kaos_king's story:

DONT DRINK EXCESS ALCOHOL!

(sorry mate but I hate hearing bout stupid **** ppl do when drunk, hope U get well asap....)
Cheers, Im all good now (apart from the permanent damage).

I know what you mean about drunk accidents, and as much as others may say this, I'm really not normally like that. I dont drink to excess, but apparently this time I did. It doesnt help that I've have no memory of that day, even when I was sober, but my friends say I was drunk, so I have nobody to blame but myself

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
my greatest n900 fall was 3-5 feet. and its winter with a freezing -26 decrees Celsius. because of snow covering the ground, no scratches, i did not even heard the device fell or a "BLAG!!" sound.

still, that experience almost killed me! everything on the device itself is still working.

@number41: good thing you are okay, and still you got the strength to look for your n900.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Cheers, Im all good now (apart from the permanent damage).

I know what you mean about drunk accidents, and as much as others may say this, I'm really not normally like that. I dont drink to excess, but apparently this time I did. It doesnt help that I've have no memory of that day, even when I was sober, but my friends say I was drunk, so I have nobody to blame but myself

hope you are ok mate

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I imagine things could have gone much worse if you had it plugged to a car charger....

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
@number41

Glad you're ok and the N900..

One question:-

Was the animal hurt in anyway?

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post: