Notices

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Hi,

it is testing week for ScummVM 0.12 so here is one pre-release version:

scummvm_0.11.99_armel.deb

Before testing it may be good idea to

- backup your saved games (~/.scummvm unless set in UI differently) and config file ~/.scummvmrc if you want to go back to 0.11

- get up to date supplementary files for some games
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/s...s/engine-data/

- read what is new
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/s...ch-0-12-0/NEWS

I am mostly interested in testing of newly supported games. As I don't own most of them I don't know if they need any Maemo-specific keybindings.

There is also new big icon for menu. If you see small one from previous version try rebooting device.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
OK, scummvm 0.12.0 was tagged yesterday. Binary built from tagged sources is here
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/scummvm_0.12.0_armel.deb
MD5sum c4a4a2d481b1f398c14986990f1ef269

Official 0.12.0 release announcement is planned for next week.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
I hope that you could upload scummvm to extras

Everything except Diablo will be there at the time of official release on ScummVM site. It was like this with previous releases too. scummvm is in extras since 0.9.1 (?).

For Diablo extras there is this 'autobuilding from source' requirement which is not met yet.

Source is there of course since day one. And now there is even Makefile workaround for internal compiler error in one source file so it has chance to be built without manual intervention. The missing bits are checking and testing all dependencies in extras (mad,ogg,flac,tremor,mpeg, i think at least tremor is not in Diablo) and making uploadable and buildable source.

I could modify debian 0.11.1 package to be autobuildable with maemo patches and upload it somewhere. If it works, you could continue from there on

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Source is there of course since day one. And now there is even Makefile workaround for internal compiler error in one source file so it has chance to be built without manual intervention. The missing bits are checking and testing all dependencies in extras (mad,ogg,flac,tremor,mpeg, i think at least tremor is not in Diablo) and making uploadable and buildable source.
I'll take a look into this as well, I'm not a brilliant packager (far from it) but I've been building so much audio related libs recently, I feel like one

libmpeg2 + flac were here, flac was already in extras, mikkov has already uploaded mpeg2dec

libmad is already in extras with flac, libogg is here: http://tuomas.kulve.fi/debian/pool/chinook/maemo/libo/
libvorbisidec: http://tuomas.kulve.fi/debian/pool/chinook/maemo/libv/. Source packages could easily be uploaded to extras.

Ok, I've got libmad, flac, libogg, libvorbisidec installed, lets see how this goes

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-08-26 at 17:05.

All of the depencies are in extras, except tremor. Tremor seems to be fixed point ogg vorbis decoder and for N8x0 we can use normal ogg because there is fpu?

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
All of the depencies are in extras, except tremor. Tremor seems to be fixed point ogg vorbis decoder and for N8x0 we can use normal ogg because there is fpu?
I can't see libmpeg2 there :/. Everything I've looked at recommends tremor for arm.

EDIT: I see it was uploaded to extras-devel (by you?)
Ok, looked, it was old version. Source for latest version here: http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/libmpeg2-0.5.1.tar.bz2

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-08-26 at 17:08.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
All of the depencies are in extras, except tremor.
Tremor/libivorbisdec is part of mogg (ogg support for maemo) in Chinook but I don't see it in Diablo extras. mpeg2 would be nice but not strictly needed, videos for Broken Sword is available at scummvm site in DXA format which is superior quality. I think no other game uses mpeg2 so if not available it can be disabled. Tremor is a must IMO.

scummvm 0.11.1 is now in diablo extras-devel. It is missing flac and ogg support totally.

I had libvorbisidec-dev, which should contain tremor, in build depencies instead of normal libvorbis. libvorbisidec-dev is having some problems or for some other reason scummvm doesn't recognise it.

Flac works for me locally, but something went wrong with autobuilder.

I will at least fix flac and normal ogg vorbis support, and maybe look into tremor support.

Tags
extras, scummvm