Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I think the descriptions on the webpage are informative, so I would put something similar on the button subtitles. For example: "fill in missing data" and "overwrite any entry".

My main need for Hermes is to get photos for my existing contacts, as most of them don't have a photo in Gmail etc. I would prefer to check their birthdays in Facebook rather than from my calendar, but that's just me! And I will remove the birthday-only contacts, I'm oldfashioned enough to think that contacts need to have phone numbers...

About the buttons: media player has nice buttons, would buttons of that kind be an alternative for you? Then the text would have to be part of the graphics, I guess.

Reija

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
I'm trying to use Hermes to merge the info in the N900's contacts with the corresponding facebook page, but it isn't adding the birthdays to my pre-existing contacts. What the program did was to take everyone who is a facebook friend and created a contact card for them on my N900. It also took everyone who already has a contact card on my N900 and added their facebook profile webpage. It did not add the birthdays. Am I doing something wrong?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by gskimmel View Post
Am I doing something wrong?
Yes, you are, you're starting new threads on topics where it would be better forum practice/etiquette to check existing threads first and, if your question isn't answered but directly relates, to ask your question there. So, for this issue, for example, you might want to start with this thread.

To find such information, try the search options on the right side of the forum. Personally, I prefer the "Power Search" which is Google-powered.

I don't know the answer to your question -- good luck with it! (But good luck on that other thread, probably.)

The same goes for the Video thread you started.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-11-25 at 19:03.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just installed this application and it is great, only have 1 problem, I synced my contacts but I have 2 people which have the same name on facebook (only one person stored on my phone with that name) and it has linked to the wrong one on my phone, how can I change this?

Thank you very much,
Llaadd.

brilliant application.

One problem I've noticed, after sync'ing only a few contacts have been updated with Photo's.

is there a reason why all the photos have not updated i.e. is there a block on Facebook to prevent photos being sent if they are not in a specific profile.

i have entered the correct email address that my friends used in their facebook profiles.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
brilliant application.

One problem I've noticed, after sync'ing only a few contacts have been updated with Photo's.

is there a reason why all the photos have not updated i.e. is there a block on Facebook to prevent photos being sent if they are not in a specific profile.

i have entered the correct email address that my friends used in their facebook profiles.
mine does this as well...and it matches by name not e-mail as far as i know

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
brilliant application.

Does this happen with the contacts who dont show their birthday on their Facebook profile?

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
Does this happen with the contacts who dont show their birthday on their Facebook profile?
Unfortunately not. I have contacts where the brithday is showing, however the picture has not updated in the phone.

Looks like I also have a similar problem, but at least for me, I've noticed that for all the people who don't get updated pictures, Hermes also doesn't seem to pick up their birthdays... but seems to get their websites just fine.

It definately detects them, as matches, cause the dialog after a sync says # updated, and #+x matched, where x is the people who don't have pictures/birthdays... If I delete the websites field for those contacts, resyncing does update them, but it just fills the websites back in, nothing new.

Is there some sort of app privacy protection that these people activated or something?

Sooooo I searched and found nothing, and I apologize if that ends up being a testament to my failure or lack of searching capability.

Anyway, I downloaded Hermes, linked it to a facebook and used it to gain info/pictures of some contacts...

Now.... I want to link it to a different facebook account, one that is friends with many more of my contacts than the original account was.

How do I do this? I know it did a website validation, so how do I get it to delete and validate another way? I tried clearing the authentiification in the browser....

Oh well, I'm sure there's an answer... thanks in advance

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website