Active Topics

Notices

bump.... I've tried everything associated with the browser except delete saved passwords... do I need to do that? or perhaps is there a file I need to find and delete?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
log in to the facebook account that you want to associate it with, then go back to hermes and then tap at the top and open the account, then uncheck the facebook or twitter, then save it. after that tap on get missing info, and a box will come up asking you to validate you facebook account then tap validate and the it will open the browser and facebook will ask you if you want to allow access to hermes, tap allow. you're done

The Following User Says Thank You to Abemelek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
log in to the facebook account that you want to associate it with, then go back to hermes and then tap at the top and open the account, then uncheck the facebook or twitter, then save it. after that tap on get missing info, and a box will come up asking you to validate you facebook account then tap validate and the it will open the browser and facebook will ask you if you want to allow access to hermes, tap allow. you're done
Unfortunately, it did not work quite as planned.... I unchecked the facebook, then logged into the other facebook and hit the button in Hermes and it took me to the accounts page. So I tried and enabled facebook again and it just linked to my old facebook not the new one. No new validation/authentification action

Thanks for the attempt though

I have a question regarding Hermes. Is it possible to pull in facebook details ONLY for contacts that already exist in my phone?

I don't want to import all my twitter/facebook friends into my phone, I only want to update contacts I already have?

What should I do here is this what the refresh is for?

My Blog

Hi all,

Is anyone else getting errors using hermes?
Or is it because I deleted the birthdays calendar from my phone so I could start again?

I get teh error:

"Somthing went wrong: Profile_URL"

Please could someone help me...

thanks
Chris

My Blog

Ok I did a reboot and the error is now gone.

I then did a retrieve and notice it replace missing info and also added some new contacts, not all. And it didn't open a new calendar for b-day entries. So now I have now calendar for b-days how do I get this back?

My Blog

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
Hi all,

Is anyone else getting errors using hermes?
Or is it because I deleted the birthdays calendar from my phone so I could start again?

I get teh error:

"Somthing went wrong: Profile_URL"

Please could someone help me...

thanks
Chris
I have this problem, A reinstall and reboot didnt work

any ideas?

Originally Posted by Rcampbell View Post
I have this problem, A reinstall and reboot didnt work

any ideas?
I did a reboot and got it working.

However my calendar has dups in it now :-(

My Blog

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Right, some belated answers, sorry for any delays but I don't have time to be trawling tmo everyday anymore:
  • Contacts will only be created if Accounts > Create birthday-only contacts is ticked.
  • Data should only be overwritten if Refresh is pressed. Retrieve will only pull in data.
  • I've not seen the Profile_URL error before. Please run /opt/hermes/bin/hermes from X Terminal and copy and paste the output into a new bug report.
  • Some people don't allow applications to access their profile pictures. This is unfortunate, but there's nothing I can do within the Facebook T&Cs.

HTH,

Andrew

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website