Active Topics

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
whats up people, a friend of mine just got the nokia n8, and i played with the device for about an hour or so, yes it may look like the symbian v5, but the new symbian takes the n8 to a new level, very nice, i'm impressed, ok so i had the n8 in one hand and the n900 in the other, and an iphone 3gs on the table, ok next to my overclocked @900 mhz n900 with custom zippy transitions and mods, the n8 didn't have a chance, i even underclocked and.... and still the n900 was way zippier, when multitasking the n900 opens the apps from the task manager at least 1.5 times faster, and it closes them with the same speed difference, nd so.... the n900 was better from every way except that amazing camera, this thing has that WOW factor with it, and the hdmi is awesome, plus the online channels integration and the home theater thingy are just great, very nice free hd games at the ovi store (nfs shift !! ) . the os looks and feels great, but the maemo5 is just better, now i went n8 vs iphone, and guess what, as always the iphone sucked, the n8 transitions and the homescreens, and its speed really did put the iphone back, not to mention the awesome media capabilities.....
so as conclusion the n8 is better that the 3gs, and the n900 smocks them both .
but reallt good job from nokia this phone is a major update from the n97, in fact its way different .
final words are :long live maemo5 .

Last edited by elie-7; 2010-10-23 at 20:13.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
The camera is ridiculously good.

I've got one on review, and it's pure awesome. Symbian takes a while to get used to, after not using it for a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
I was able to test the N8 today in a supermarket too. Really impressive and cool device.
Maybe it would be cool as a 2nd device, but no way it could replace my lovely N900

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I have had the N8 for a week and a bit.

I love it. The camera is just great. Loads of apps available too.

But there is something about the N900 which still draws my attention. I believe it is the 'open-ness' of the OS and/or the hardware keyboard.

The UOG (USB ON the Go) feature is great. I was able to plug my wireless keyboard/mouse into the N8 and it worked great.

I am really happy with the N8 and use it as my main phone atm. The N900 is just a device (mobile/tablet/mobile computer) which can be used to show off Nokia (e.g. Dual Boot with Nitdroid)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
the camera is mind blowing, really, but even after that one hour of hard usage, i can see the hard work of nokia, but really not as good as maemo5, and the battery isn't that good, and i got to mention that the n900 feels more hands compatible, even with the bigger sizes.

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
and usb otg is coming to the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Great news.. I am getting an N8 soon.. So I'm happy about that!

did i mention, that my friend after playing with my n900, was thinking of returning the n8 for the n900, he thinks that the n900 is way awesomer, and he did regret a bit, but he needs the camera, and portrait mode .
but he thinks that my n900 is more 'awesome' than his n8.

I'm going to get the N8 as a second phone.
But would never trade my N900 for a n8 as main phone.