Notices

Adobe has showed fully hardware accelerated Flash Player 10.1 running on Nokia N900 on October 05, 2009.

Since then, Texas Instruments has even published optimized for ARM Cortex-A8 Flash 10 binaries on it's website. (Which are not publicly available for download.)

N900 is a great device, but it's Flash support is crap. With Adobe Flash 9, which is the latest available version, I am able to play only about 20% of the flash videos on the net. I ask myself, why Nokia didn't include Adobe Flash 10.1 in it's recent software updates?

Needless to say, I'm really disappointed by this issue and I can only guess it's cause. I think that when Nokia management decided to abandon ARM platform altogether, they probably didn't want to pay Adobe for it's latest hardware optimizations.

And we, the people who bought N900, are the only one to loose. When I buy flagship device, I expect flagship support, which is definitely not the one I see coming from Nokia.

Since most of the Maemo software is opensource, we can fix lots of the issues on our own, but Adobe Flash is proprietary software, with it we are left to the tender mercies of Nokia and Adobe.

Ironically, current N900 Flash is older and slower than Adobe Flash on Android devices on the same processor. Google probably cares about it's customers a little more.

Last edited by Borgia; 2010-12-30 at 22:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Borgia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Did you use search at all?

.edit
Ohhh there is post new message button and I have high priority info from my point of view. Letīs make new message Kha-chinggg...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's arguable that either iteration of the FP10 was accelerated - what was shown at Adobe MAX or the TI version.

And this thread sums up most of what you've brought up in one way or another.

Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
Adobe has showed fully hardware accelerated Flash Player 10.1 running on Nokia N900 on October 05, 2009.

Since then, Texas Instruments has even published optimized for ARM Cortex-A8 Flash 10 binaries on it's website. (Which are not publicly available for download.)

N900 is a great device, but it's Flash support is crap. With Adobe Flash 9, which is the latest available version, I am able to play only about 20% of the flash wideos on the net. I ask myself, why Nokia didn't include Adobe Flash 10.1 in it's recent software updates?

Needless to say, I'm really disappointed by this issue and I can only guess it's cause. I think that when Nokia management decided to abandon ARM platform altogether, they probably didn't want to pay Adobe for it's latest hardware optimizations.

And we, the people who bought N900, are the only one to loose. When I buy flagship device, I expect flagship support, which is definitely not the one I see coming from Nokia.

Since most of the Maemo software is opensource, we can fix lots of the issues on our own, but Adobe Flash is proprietary software, with it we are left to the tender mercies of Nokia and Adobe.

Ironically, current N900 Flash is older and slower than Adobe Flash on Android devices on the same processor. Google probably cares about it's customers a little more.
nokia does not read this board - so they dont give a **** about what you wrote

so go buy android and recommend it if you like google - cause posting here is not going to do jack

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
how about this "little" thread over here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37922
IMO almost everything has been already said and analyzed :|

This is quite good stuff:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=892543

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
only 20% with flash 9???
whhhattt??????

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post:

Tags
fud fud fap fap, not again!