Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Model is KDL-40WL140 (little old).
Thanks!

I use it as primary phone so i stay "safe" in Extras, so sorry can't help.
No problem, I do that for most of my apps too. (I really do need to get a second N900 one of these days...)

By the way, the buttons for play, pause, etc works well too on the ps3 when see a movie.
Great! Good to hear that.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
Simply awesome, last weekend used it on many devices on my house and it was wonderful.

So far the only devices that didn't work where the Sky Box (none of the two available keysets seems to work with mine) and an old Telstar TV (couldn't find a keyset for it)

Keep the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejcrashed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Model is KDL-40WL140 (little old).

I use it as primary phone so i stay "safe" in Extras, so sorry can't help.

Well do what you can, the program is simple and works, that's the important.

By the way, the buttons for play, pause, etc works well too on the ps3 when see a movie.

Thanks for the program.

Greettings.
I have noticed older Sony TV's work on the current keysets.
Added a Sony TV to wiki earlier.
KDL-40EX403

@s4br0s0
I completely understand why you stay in extras, I was the same until I got my hands on a second device.
But this program isn't in Extras yet, it's in Testing and Devel so you must have Testing apps on your phone.
TBH it's mostly bug fixes and extra keysets between the Testing and Devel versions.

@ejcrashed
Are you using the latest Devel version?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-02-21 at 19:00. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Another Pierogi update is working its way into the extras-devel repository. This one contains a number of new keysets. The Panasonic "SA-AK25" LIRC config file has been added as Panasonic Audio Keyset 2 (and I really do need to go through the rest of the Panasonic LIRC files and see what else I've missed). Also, new keysets have been created for Bush, Canon, Epson, Humax, Technics, and United.

It turns out that the United config file I found was for a digital converter box, not for a TV. Sorry about that, I'll have to keep digging to try and find more config files...

The Canon keysets were somewhat interesting to work with. Pierogi's UI is really not set up well for use in controlling a camera... The Canon camcorders have at least some VCR/DVD-like playback capability, so maybe half or more of their commands are mapped to the correct media playback controls. The DSLR and Powershot controls, though, were almost completely alien to Pierogi. Here's what I've mapped them to:

For the DSLR "RC-1/RC-5/RC-6" remote, there's just the one shutter control command, but with two modes -- immediate or two second delay. After some deliberation, I've just placed the two commands on the main tab:

Open shutter immediately -> Volume Down
Open shutter after delay -> Volume Up

I should note that the LIRC config file was fairly rough, so these commands may be reversed (or might not work at all)...

The Powershot had some menu-like commands, so I've mapped all of the commands onto the Menu tab, as so:

"Zoom In" -> Up
"Zoom Out" -> Down
"Right" -> Right
"Left" -> Left
"Snap" -> Select
"Multi" -> Menu
"Magnify" -> Guide
"Display" -> DiscMenu

I hope these mappings are somewhat useful. Please let me know if they should be changed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
But this program isn't in Extras yet, it's in Testing and Devel so you must have Testing apps on your phone.
Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that Pierogi just made its way into the Extras repository last night? (Yay! My first official app! )

Check it out:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/pierogi/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@s4br0s0
I completely understand why you stay in extras, I was the same until I got my hands on a second device.
TBH it's mostly bug fixes and extra keysets between the Testing and Devel versions.
It was promote it to Extras (not sure if today or yesterday), not the lastest version with more keysets and stuff but works well (at least for me and what i have).

See first post, "Pierogi version 0.6.0 is now available in the Extras repository!"

Greetings.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that Pierogi just made its way into the Extras repository last night? (Yay! My first official app! )

Check it out:

You beat me, i was going to write a post with an "advice" it was promote it to Extras but you put it on first post so i didn`t.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2012-02-21 at 19:11.

Originally Posted by ejcrashed View Post
So far the only devices that didn't work where the Sky Box (none of the two available keysets seems to work with mine) and an old Telstar TV (couldn't find a keyset for it)
Ah, if the Sky Box is a Sky/Sky+ satellite receiver, that's being worked on right now. (I put a keyset in for it, but reports on how well it works have been mixed so far, so I'm still trying to pin it down exactly.)

As for Telstar, I'm coming up with absolutely nothing. Sorry about that. There just don't seem to be any config files to be found for that brand...

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
hello
first of all very nice app as you wanted some feedback on whether it works with A/C or not so here is the outcome...
i tried with my samsung A/C...
doesn't seem to work :/

and also would you please try to add Elekta A/C remote?

The Following User Says Thank You to Minhaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post

Check it out:

Well I do apologise. Congrats.
And here's me trying to keep up to date
Thanks for letting me know

This still stands true tho.

Originally Posted by sombragris View Post
I would like to report something that perhaps might be a bug in Pierogi. I'm using the latest release.

So far, I've seen the problem only with LG keysets. I hadn't had time to test it with my Philips sets.

The problem is: I put the LG keyset in my favorites. The Philips keyset was preselected. I wanted to change some setting in a LG TV set, so I changed the keyset using my favorites.

Result? No respone from the TV set.

Then, I selected the keyset from the app menu... and only then it worked.

That's it: When I select the LG keyset from the favorites, it doesn't work. But when I select it from the app menu, it does. Can you look into it, Copernicus, please? Thank you !
I have been testing this out before and I can reproduce this bug.
More info to follow....

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-02-21 at 19:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Minhaz View Post
as you wanted some feedback on whether it works with A/C or not so here is the outcome...
i tried with my samsung A/C...
doesn't seem to work :/
Sorry about that. I know there's at least one Samsung A/C remote that I don't yet have covered; I'm still trying to grapple with how to support it, it's got a surprisingly complicated protocol...

and also would you please try to add Elekta A/C remote?
That may be a problem as well -- I'm coming up dry on config files for Elekta. I'll keep digging...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control