Poll: Did you sell your N900?
Poll Options
Did you sell your N900?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Wouldn't the people that sold their N900s no longer be hanging around here in general anyways?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Wouldn't the people that sold their N900s no longer be hanging around here in general anyways?
I think they might be regret or something.

i'll sell my n900....in the future if nokia creates a new maemo device with a huge improvement and with the hardware keyboard...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Just because someone might have sold or traded their device doesn't mean it lessens their interest of Maemo in general - just simply means the device didn't fit their needs.

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
I agree, either folks like it for the multitude useful features or prefer iphone-clone of simple users. They are extremes and hardly find anyone in between. It all boils down to functional priorities of the device.
I guess I'm quite rare then because I consider myself in the middle having never used Linux before purchasing this mobile. I really like it and wish I knew more about Linux and how to use terminal. Internet is amazing on this mobile as is the media functions on the really good screen.

ps I dnt know why people complain about the screen being resistive. I have an iPod touch and prefer the screen on the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulg247 For This Useful Post:
I got rid of mine. I think Nokia will not upgrade the n900 to maemo 6. I really think the Maemo community is great, but Nokia are way too unreliable when it comes to device support.

The Following User Says Thank You to airbillion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Just because someone might have sold or traded their device doesn't mean it lessens their interest of Maemo in general - just simply means the device didn't fit their needs.
That's why I said "in general".

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This is recognizably another one of those vague, bashing threads, just as was said. The results are always boring, since the overwhelming number of respondents always say that they are not selling their n900s or whatever the "solution" to the problem is, like not buying another Nokia product.

Eventually, the people who have posted over and over and over that they love their N900s will get tired of posting, and you will succeed in making it appear that there is a problem when there is actually no problem but exhaustion.

Edit: I refuse to respond to a poll in which one of the key words is "fraking", so the results are skewed by at least one

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
No, they just chill here and troll people for not buying an iPhone or Android based device. Or they grouse about how much better it was before the N900 came out and you were restricted to wifi (and a much smaller userbase.)

Then they post more threads about "I am getting rid of my N900" or "Why haven't you gotten rid of your N900" all in the pursuit of some goal that is lost on me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I realized, by the way, that your poll succinctly shows how to write such a skewed poll.

You give a few options and force people who don't agree with you a utopian, practically impossible choice to express their disagreement.

Example: How do you feel about Obama? (This is not a political statement. Do NOT try this poll at home!)

1. Obama is the Messiah.

2. Obama has some real problems.

Obviously, the same people willing to respond with alternative 1 are the kind of people who would be willing to say that the N900 is "fraking awesome". So, if your aim is to construct a poll giving option 2 a huge advantage, you have demonstrated the algorithm.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900s for sale!!!!!!, pearls to swine, revenge postings