Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
There is a small battery built into the N900 but after about 6 months it fails to charge, hence the problem every time the main battery is removed.
No no no wait, you might be extremely correct, since I had this issue after quite a while. This is true, I didn't have this issue before but after a time it started to happen with me, but I saw many other users have this as well.

I think you are missing the battery charging application for the second battery from ovi store.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Do it really quickly, I mean super fast quick! Have the battery ready and do the swap on less that 2 seconds and the date and time will be kept.That`s what I do on mine anyways

Also try giving the gold bits on your sim card and phone a good clean with acetone or alcohol (isopropyl, not beer :-).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patstew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
Originally Posted by gerdich View Post
I think you are missing the battery charging application for the second battery from ovi store.
Ummm, what?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Have you tried to fix the SIM problem? If not, you could try a new SIM card. If that isn't the problem, then maybe the SIM is not fitting properly and you could try use some paper or something to wedge it tightly in place.

Otherwise if you can go online when you turn on your N900, then you could just put any time/date in when you boot and update the time/date using an internet time server, the CLI utility ntpdate would be ideal for this, it doesn't seem to be available for Maemo, but you can extract the binary from the Debian armel package.

Alternatively, you could wear a watch.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Alternatively, you could wear a watch.
Brilliant. I have the same issue, however it happens if my phone was battery-less for more than ~30 mins. This is the best fix.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by GigaByte View Post
Ummm, what?
Just trolling of some kind...

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
That's odd, I never have to reset after a battery change. I turn it off - exchange battery - turn on - use as usual.
Same here. I'm changing batteries all the time and never have to adjust my settings.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
About this little 6 month battery that wears out......

Do all phones have this? Is that how all phones remember the date and time?