Poll: Have we been turned over
Poll Options
Have we been turned over

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
I couldn't run long without n900 so Im haveing 3 fully working units and bunch of spare parts so they will definitley live long enough.

Neo900 will finish, we just don't know when.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
So now I am left with only two spares
Fellow Ruhrpottler, if fate hits you bad, i would borrow you my spare n900.
My brother bought it new, did not use for 1year and the only downside is, he let it drop on concret when giving it to me
The slider is off by some half a millimeter and some marks left behind, else it would be like new...
It has literally been turned on less then finger counting allows.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Fellow Ruhrpottler, if fate hits you bad, i would borrow you my spare n900.
Thank you very much for that offer, mosen (man from the wrong side of the Rhine )

I do hope I will have no need to get back to you regarding this offer. As each of mine did serve me well for over two years.
I really guess until then we should have Neo900 or a different replacement device (definitely not i* nor And*)
Or Jolla breaks through, fixes the copy/paste/text selectiom/OOM/... issues, gets more funding and brings a new device (maybe a phablet )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
How're we all feeling now? Still as confident? Not so sure I want a £400 device that wont come close to my £69 Doogee in terms of performance. Anyone want to buy my 200 Euro 'donation'?

Last edited by macey; 2016-09-01 at 20:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by macey View Post
How're we all feeling now? Still as confident? Not so sure I want a £400 device that wont come close to my £69 Doogie in terms of performance. Anyone want to buy my 200 Euro 'donation'?
I'll give ya 10 quids!
Siemens S55 -> Nokia 6210 -> Sony Erricson K750i -> HTC Hermes 300/MDA Vario 2 -> Nokia N78 -> Samsung Galaxy S1 -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Nokia N9 (cyan/16gb) -> Jolla 1 -> iPhone 5S -> Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 Pro -> Nokia N900² -> iPhone SE, gave up all hope.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N912 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by N912 View Post
I'll give ya 10 quids!
That IS a message.
But unfortunately not a positive one.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
How're we all feeling now? Still as confident? Not so sure I want a £400 device that wont come close to my £69 Doogie in terms of performance. Anyone want to buy my 200 Euro 'donation'?
I'm just happy to see that it's regularly be worked on. As far as I'm aware, nobody else is making anything similar. It's not like there's anything on the horizon that's good enough (from my perspective) to replace my N900. Until there is, or there's some indication that this project is going to fail, I consider my donation to be worthwhile investment. I've no reason to lose confidence yet. I've just got to be patient.

If performance is your main concern then you probably invested in this for the wrong reasons.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Not so sure I want a £400 device that wont come close to my £69 Doogie in terms of performance.
I have no idea what a Doogie is. Google did not help either. But where did you come to the £400 quote? The Neo900 site says €480 is the partial prepayment. Expected to be about 40% of the total price.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have no idea what a Doogie is. Google did not help either. But where did you come to the £400 quote? The Neo900 site says €480 is the partial prepayment. Expected to be about 40% of the total price.
I read "dongle" for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have no idea what a Doogie is. Google did not help either.
Urban Dictionary gives a bucketful of definitions to "Doogie" but none of them have anything to do with computers/mobiles.

But where did you come to the £400 quote? The Neo900 site says €480 is the partial prepayment. Expected to be about 40% of the total price.
Yeah, I wondered about that too. IIRC I already have paid 700 euros as down payment and am expecting the final price to be about double. Still, no worries though, I am sure the guys will deliver in the end

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: