Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
if I delete the bq27x00 module the qbw about temperature doesn't work again.
Is it possible to use both qbw
It should be possible to mod the script to make it work, I'll have a look at it later if no-one else posts a solution in the mean-time.

I've attached a fixed version of the Queen Beacon widget that should work whether or not the battery temp module is loaded. The caveat is that if the battery temp module is loaded it will use the voltage provided by that* which differs from the regular value.

*Probably, it uses the first value which in my tests was the value from the bq27x00_battery module, but I don't know if the order is fixed, for all I know it could change depending on conditions at boot time. If the order is fixed I can easily mod it to use the second value, but then it wouldn't work when the module wasn't loaded because there wouldn't be a second value, then it would require some added logic (and complexity) to determine what to do, but I could easily mod it so it used either the highest (or lowest) of the two values if anyone wants.

EDIT: Fixed attachment, so the checksum should be correct for import into Queen Beecon
Attached Files
File Type: txt Battery meter V1.6.txt (3.0 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by retsaw; 2011-05-05 at 22:36.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
hmm i must be rusty, only needed to add -m1....

Thanks retsaw
will update post #3 soon.

I tried the release of retsaw but it give me bad checksum.

So I manually editing cmd but the qbw now is green but without text

Last edited by iscio; 2011-05-05 at 20:37.

Use mine, and just put in the -m1 where he did, i of course have not tested this yet.

Umm, ooops. TBH, I don't use QueenBeecon so I hadn't tested it and didn't notice it had a checksum, I just assumed the minor change would work. For myself I just use a simple script derived from the command in that widget when I want to check the battery level. The simple change I made was to add the option "-m1" to the grep commands, I don't know if it is necessary for the one which checks charging status, but there are two results from "hal-device" for the charging status, I noted the first one took a couple of minues to update after I plugged the charger in.

I would fix this, but dr_frost_dk will probably have his updated version out soon.
EDIT: I decided to fix it anyway, I modified the Queen Beecon widget properly and exported it, so it should work now, updated the attachment in my previous post.

@dr_frost_dk, while playing around with this I tried a few different ways, but decided this was simplest. Let me know if you want code that picks the highest/lowest value.

Last edited by retsaw; 2011-05-05 at 22:40.

Want high battery lifetime/usage then look to the future devices

Like this phone, the screen is colour e-ink, and it when it is "passive" just displaying a picture with no change, it uses no electricity
I don't like the bend gestures and would just like normal touch, and there's also hope in that area, a new kind of screen with integrated capacitive touch sensors embedded between the pixels of the screen means that you can have capacitive screens with the accuracy of resistive screens

Really look forward to e-ink flat screen for the home (>32"), really low power consumption and no more sun glare, since you actually need light to view the image....

------------------------
Redsaw - the low and high is determined by -m1 or -m2 right?

mmm....I imported the new script but there is an error...it show -55% and the background is trasparent...

mmm....I imported the new script but there is an error...it show -55% and the background is trasparent...
Obviously, your battery is 55% charged and installed backwards.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post

EDIT: Fixed attachment, so the checksum should be correct for import into Queen Beecon
Thanks mate...

Everything is correct now.

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc