Notices

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Hey guys, i have a question, is it a common thing that the GPS lags? I think it has a 10m-50m delay.. Anyone else has this problem? I thought it was just a problem with Nokia Maps but now i bought Sygic maps and it's all the same.. :/
i have the same problem. highways are fine but city center is uncool. there is a flag in setting.ini that you change that will fix some of the delay/lag. dont remember what flag and havent tried it yet.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
Originally Posted by zdeno. View Post
ok, I will create repository, where will be the latest SetupMobileMaps.deb. This will also solve some problems with missing SetupMobileMaps.deb file in downloaded package, simplify installation and everybody will stay up to date.
so are there anu updates as of yet for maemo version? appreciate that you can ignore those idiots and see that there are many that support the software...hurryup with the repo

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
i have the same problem. highways are fine but city center is uncool. there is a flag in setting.ini that you change that will fix some of the delay/lag. dont remember what flag and havent tried it yet.
here is the howto:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47801
(link to post from jakiman in the first post)

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Another question,

Refering the manual there is an icon where you can adjust the volume in the settings stated as here:
Volume settings:
Set the sound intensity separately for low driving speed and for high speeds. I have not found this icon in the setttings. Anybody knows where I can enter this setting? Sound on/off icon is ok.

Hmmm... now I need to check it while driving, but it seems my external Holux BT236 is MUCH more accurate, which might have an influence while driving.

--edit--

I am, of course, trying to solve the lagging issue - I have a feeling that there is not config settings changes that can help it, but... let's see!

Last edited by Jaco2k; 2010-03-20 at 16:28. Reason: Adding more information

@Jaco2k - so you have actually tested that Sygic works when you set the N900 to use an external BT GPS? If so then I'm ready with my CC, Sygic folks zehjotkha's videos convinced me about the rest.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
@Jaco2k - so you have actually tested that Sygic works when you set the N900 to use an external BT GPS? If so then I'm ready with my CC, Sygic folks zehjotkha's videos convinced me about the rest.
Yes, it does work - you pair the N900 and then just use Sygic normally. You cannot change it in Sygic though...

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaco2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
How do I get to this screen when I'm already on the map?
Setting

Code:
menu.main.gpsStatus=1
in menu.ini will enable a "GPS Status" option on the menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
Hmmm... now I need to check it while driving, but it seems my external Holux BT236 is MUCH more accurate, which might have an influence while driving.

--edit--

I am, of course, trying to solve the lagging issue - I have a feeling that there is not config settings changes that can help it, but... let's see!
hi i changed my frames per second setting on mine and its now nearly perfect and accurate.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Braislava, Slovakia
Hi All,
Sygic repository is available! There is no update, only actual version of SetupMobileMaps.deb file.
You can add this repository to your Application Manager:
Catalogue name: Sygic
Web address: http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/
Components: non-free

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zdeno. For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn