microb won't install on new firmware (4.2007.38-2). After intsalling the required catalogue it errors with the following:

Unable to download.
Application package not found.

A search for installable applications in App Manager displays only microb-eal. When I check the problems tab for microb-eal it states that the missing packages are browser-eal, libgtkmozembed and microb-|10n

Any help greatly appreciated,

ScottRD

So what's new in the new firmware?

Good question. It was SUPPOSED to only be a fix for a known memory card bug. Apparently not.

ScottRD

Same problem with microb here. Woo hoo!

I wonder if it actually has anything to do with the firmware update, or if the link inside the installer is just dead. Or something.

Looks like once again, Nokia has screwed us.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
nicely thought through people.

aren't the repositories in some way keyed to the firmware as a method of only showing compatible software? So unless a repository is marked as being compatible with the new firmware it won't appear in the app manager.

i had the same problem with the microb rep not showing up. a quick switch to red pill mode and oh look there it is.

this isn't nokia screwing with anyone, this surely would be an issue for the microb team?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by BarneyC View Post
i had the same problem with the microb rep not showing up. a quick switch to red pill mode and oh look there it is.
but did you try to install it? I did and it doesn't work.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I definitely installed the new firmware (from WinXP) and appear to be in the Mozilla browser. I backed up my settings before installing, so when I restored them, the Mozilla Browser was a choice for me, and it worked.

Application Manager shows it as Installed. I'll look for helpful info...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Perhsps this link is a clue?

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1720