Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I'd suggest formatting it on a pc (cardreader or 770 connected through USB). The Internet Tablet's file manager is notoriously stupid.
OK, here's the weird part. Every device and card reader I've tried will only format the card as 1GB. I have a brand new laptop with a built in card reader running vista and it also will only let me format as 1GB.

Where did you buy your card memory from? An eBay Hong Kong seller?

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
Why? is this a known issue? (that's where I got it from)

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by revwillie View Post
Why? is this a known issue? (that's where I got it from)
Yes, fairly well known. It's possible you've bought a 1GB card remarked as 2GB.

It may just have a 1GB partition.
Try deleting all existing partitions and creating a new one.

Originally Posted by BanditRider View Post
It may just have a 1GB partition.
Try deleting all existing partitions and creating a new one.
That's what I was hoping. I know it said it had 2GB free when I first put it in the 770. Then I formatted it in the 770 and I don't remember if I re-checked the capacity. The 770 formatter offered no choices. When I got up to about 900 megs, started noticing the system monitor plugin's mmc bar was almost full. Now, windows only recognizes 979megs available to format. The disk manager in WinXP was no help. It wouldn't let me delete the partition and it appeared to show only 1GB for total capacity.

I don't have a linux box anymore. I booted a mandriva live CD in my wife's laptop last night. It's a new Dell XPS with a built in card reader (ricoh something). I looked for a while and couldn't find a reference in dmesg or the /dev files of the card in the card slot so I don't know what /dev to mount or format. I'm not able to stay up late fiddling with linux like I used to. I gave up around midnight.

I use gparted or qtparted to edit partitions in linux.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post

I just received my supposed 2GB card from an Ebay Hong Kong seller too. Guess what? It was marked with a little sticker that said "2GB" but my 770 only reads it as a 1GB. I had to format it in order for it not to be greyed out in the file manager.

I actually did read a few feedbacks on this Ebay seller saying he sent them a 1GB instead of a 2GB but his overall feedback rating is 98.3 with over 9000 sales. He goes by the name of "wholesaleoffer" on Ebay. I've emailed him to see what he intends to do about the bogus 2GB card, but, I'm sure I'll not get any resolution. BTW, it took a month to receive it (I live in Colorado).
Live and learn!
Neil

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I never never NEVER buy from ebay.

My limit is 99+ percent. I won't go to 98%. At 98, it seems to me they are getting at least some legitimate gripes that they did not work to resolve.