Notices

Ok, what does that mean properly? I mean when you get a call you must hit that green light that jumps from portrait to landscape and many times i find myself hitting the reject one instead.
I am sure i am not the only one who have this problem.
If anyone with the moding skills and the know how write something up so our answer call will be as in the Iphone or Android phone, slide to answer press to mute and stuff like this.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Try locking the phone to either portrait or landscape instead of automatic. IIRC the modified hildon-desktop in the community SSU also solves this issue.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Try locking the phone to either portrait or landscape instead of automatic. IIRC the modified hildon-desktop in the community SSU also solves this issue.
yea i locked it already, but still i get the reject button more times than i would admit.

and what is the IIRC modification of hildon-desktop you talk of?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by Weedalot View Post
yea i locked it already, but still i get the reject button more times than i would admit.

and what is the IIRC modification of hildon-desktop you talk of?
i think thats "if i recall correctly"
as for modified hildon desktop or the community ssu, you should search for yourself on here, i havent installed it myself but theres a lot more to it than fixing the call rotation. theres quite a few topics on this and it may not be for you.

if you have locked the rotation to portrait it shouldn't move, so if you still keep hitting reject perhaps a trip to the optician may be in order? :P jk, personally i have overclocked so the problematic lag that you get when receiving a call whilst using the web or doing something else has more or less disappeared

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

yea i get the lag and such
found this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Modified_Hildon_Desktop
but as you said i dont really know what to do with it, being blind and all :P
still an app like this would be good for some people here i am sure (me included)

Originally Posted by Weedalot View Post
yea i get the lag and such
found this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Modified_Hildon_Desktop
but as you said i dont really know what to do with it, being blind and all :P
still an app like this would be good for some people here i am sure (me included)
dont be overwhelmed just read it a bit at a time. (i'm no expert by the way!) you can install it from the repos or the install file in the wiki, the next bits just demonstrate things the program affects that you can change, like options, but you'd have to change them with xterm codes, examples at the bottom.

i read it, i actually dont understand what does: "If the value of this key is false, the phones and contacts applications will not be called when a key is pressed while in the home screen. " that mean..
does it mean that unless i press a certain button (defined by me) i wont be able to answer the phone?

also will overclocking help wuth my leg? i get it a whole lot
and if so.. do i do it with power kernal thingy majigy?

the "value" (or setting) is currently "true" (or on) so if you are at the desktop and press a key, it will "call the phone and contacts application" (bring up the phonebook), searching with the key you just pressed. if you change the value to false with the code described it will stop this behaviour.

overclocking wont help your lEg, but it will help a lot with lag, not just the phone app but the entire device really. it comes with risks though so have a read at the wiki, its not something to dive into if you're at the point calling it a thingy majiggy! know what it might do, might break, and how to sort it incase it does break something before you install.

ok, so how does that help me with my problem?
when i get the phone out of the pocket while it rings it still can be rejected.
or am i missing something?

it doesn't. the particular example you picked won't help your problem at all, but since you didn't understand i thought i'd clarify a little. perhaps one of the other options was the one you would want to change?
like i said theres a lot more to the modified hildon desktop, as you've noticed it can change quite a lot of things, unfortunately i haven't used it myself so i'm not the ideal person to explain what it does/doesn't do. perhaps another user can help or you can find a begginer's guide, the wiki you were at is rather technical.