i have been reading posts and videos that N900 supports host and can be connected to multiple usb devices, so i was wandering if there was a way to support "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver" on the N900, i want to play with Xbox joypads not with Sixaxis controller. And you can use the Xbox joypads to play games e.g. Drnoksnes, Mupen64, OpenAreana etc.

Or just support the wired xbox controller.

either way i would be very happy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaSPeRFXX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Yeah this would be good, but the difference between the dual shock ps3 pad and the wireless xbox + receiver, is the receiver needs a driver so I'm not sure it can work. Nice to be proved wrong though.

yeah i know, i was reading in some posts that new kernals have new drivers installed e.g. HiD devices(so you can use USB mouse). So i was thinking if someone could make it possible for Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, otherwise i wouldnt posted if i knew there were no drivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaSPeRFXX For This Useful Post:
Sorry. I hadn't read about/didn't know about drivers in kernel . I agree that this would be really good if someone could get the wireless receiver to work.

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-01-20 at 19:42.

Nice idea. Would make playing SNES more fun since I don't own a PS3

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
IIRC Xbox controllers don't run on a standard bluetooth connection like the PS3. Long story short, there isn't any easy way to do this. Maybe a wired controller would work in host mode though.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
IIRC Xbox controllers don't run on a standard bluetooth connection like the PS3. Long story short, there isn't any easy way to do this. Maybe a wired controller would work in host mode though.
The peripheral they're mentioning is a USB device that could presumably be used with H-E-N to allow use of the xbox360 controllers.

The PS3 and Wii controllers are definitely easier to use, however.

There is also the Wii classic controller, which is awesome.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post

The PS3 and Wii controllers are definitely easier to use, however.
I don't agree. The wii controller doesn't have enough buttons. It's ok for nes/mastergear etc. but when it comes to mupen and psx etc. more buttons are essential. PS3 dual shock is a good pad and works very well, but it would be really good to have the xbox 360 pad working as well, so that there is a choice. I find the 360 pad the best/easiest. It's just a matter of preference really, but the option would be nice.

I haven't tried the wii classic controller at all yet, but I'm sure that would be good as well.

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-01-20 at 19:46.

The Wii classic controller is sweet. Its like an improved version of the n64 controller. I def agree though: xbox 360 controller > ps3

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post: