Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Not sure... I always type the mode as "Monitor" not "monitor". Try that, see if it helps. I also found that launching kismet after setting your card to monitor mode with iwconfig, then closing kismet and trying to inject, gets me that output. I have to unload and reload the lxp drivers to get it to work again.

Oh, you also asked about macchanger: I just run "macchanger -r wlan0" after/before changing the mode, while the interface is down, both before and after injecting.

Case is not sensitive with that. AFAIK, kismet uses an upper ioctl to place the card into RFMON and creates a new VAP interface.

If you have the entire aircrack-ng suite, you could just use airmon-ng to do this for you - which will issue via iw* with "intelligent" driver tracing.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
OH i am a noob (just find it out)lol

well i am following this tutorial on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6NcP...eature=related

and stuck here (see in the video it happens at 3:00 )

help me i am in the last steps now(does this screen takes a looooong time)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Case is not sensitive with that. AFAIK, kismet uses an upper ioctl to place the card into RFMON and creates a new VAP interface.

If you have the entire aircrack-ng suite, you could just use airmon-ng to do this for you - which will issue via iw* with "intelligent" driver tracing.
Hmmm... Funny enough, I tried this earlier when I was first reading aircrack-ng wiki entry on airmon-ng (and just tried this again after your post to see if anything changed), and I get the following error when running airmon-ng start wlan0:

Code:
ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface links nor the iw command is available.
Please download and install iw from
http://wireless.kernel.org/download/iw/iw-0.9.17.tar.bz2
"iwconfig wlan0 mode [M/m]onitor/[M/m]anaged" works fine though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
iw is available in extras, but has dependency issue with aircrack-ng for some ridiculous reason.

Remove aircrack-ng suite, install iw, grab aircrack-ng sources from svn, cross compile with unstable=true and send the binaries over manually.

Again, I've been using this for many months just fine, pushing new svn to my N900 when it's available.

Only problem for people with no compiling experience what so ever being, well, the actually setting up an environment with which to compile.

Naturally, a problem that can be solved by researching. If you've got the time though, some quick questions: Does Debian Lenny come with the requisite compiling tools (I have a nice Debian virtual machine I already use, or do I need to set up scratchbox and compile for the N900 specifically)? Or will any armel-capable compiler that can be run from Windows serve this purpose just fine?
Okay, assuming I understood you and I can just compile on Debian for Armel, then move the binaries over to the N900. That's what your last post sounded like to me anyway.

As such, I have a more technical question: When you do your compiles of Aircrack-NG, do you include the airolib-ng support? It seems like a good idea, since it lets you use precalculated lists of PMKs (if I understand correctly), but frak if I know. (I'm just going to compile with airolib-ng support. Worse case scenario it doesn't work when moved over, I assume, but getting a for-sure answer helps in case it doesn't work on my N900, but is actually supposed to work).

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-05 at 23:06. Reason: Saving people my stupid questions.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
I made a very fully featured bash script for automating lots of aircrack functionality that I used to use all the time on my laptop (for perfectly legitimate reasons of course)

I'd be happy to share it but the only problem is I can't seem to work out how to open a new xterm window and run a command in it via a script

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
This is the EASIEST video there is
Follow this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRSxQ7UoAc
(watch and follow tutorial from 1:25 till end)
just keep in mind that you have to type in wlan0 instead of mon0

But before you start video, you have to know this:
Load the driver first!
And when you start and everytime you run a new X Terminal, you need to be root

That's all !

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-01-07 at 10:52. Reason: typos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
As such, I have a more technical question: When you do your compiles of Aircrack-NG, do you include the airolib-ng support? It seems like a good idea, since it lets you use precalculated lists of PMKs (if I understand correctly), but frak if I know. (I'm just going to compile with airolib-ng support. Worse case scenario it doesn't work when moved over, I assume, but getting a for-sure answer helps in case it doesn't work on my N900, but is actually supposed to work).
I do, however I do not keep any dictionary files or do any databasing on the N900 itself.

Simply checkout via subversion and issue `make unstable=true` and you'll get all the binaries including wesside-ng, easside-ng and besside-ng.

You mean I don't have to do anything special to cross compile for arm, even though my virtual machine is in debian - just "make unstable=true" won't give me armel binaries from on a non arm virtual machine, right? I've been following this tutorial to figure out how to set up a compiling-for-arm version of gcc the-whole-compile-y-toolchain-thingy:
http://www.ailis.de/~k/archives/19-A...ing-howto.html

Slightly revised to use a later version of the kernel (2.6.28.10 - I wasn't sure if going above the kernel the N900 uses would break anything), for the configure kernel part of the process. I'm currently looking up what processor to check off in the config, as the proper TI OMAP art processor type to go with the N900 one.

- Edit -
Finished that... Hopefully things went right. It gave me a giant list of option to type y/n/m/? to when I ran "make dep" as per the above how-to. I eventually just held down the enter key for a while. When it finished, it told me "make dep is unnecessary now". *Shrug*. On the gcc part now.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-06 at 06:08.