Yes, you need a cross compile environment setup.

If you're using Debian, just use the Maemo SDK ones to do it for you.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...l_Installation

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, I'm deep enough in setting up a cross compiling environment already that I decided to keep going with it, but thanks for reminding me about the Maemo SDK. I'll be using that if this doesn't work... Which, well, it very well may not. I deviated from the tutorial for the much newer gcc sources, which, honestly, pretty much threw a fit, complaining about a bunch of missing stuff, which I then fetched from the gcc infrastructure ftp directory, and then all those threw a fit until I figured out how to run 'configure --host=i486-linux', so, well, it's a matter of luck now as to whether or not I fraked stuff up or did it right.

If I had thought of using the Maemo SDK before though, I probably would've done that (though I've had difficulty trying to set it up in a Ubuntu machine a while ago before; but at the same time, that was the automated-scripts-for-installing-scratchbox containing image, and now I am a bit more confident that I could figure out how to set it up directly from the wiki instructions without relying on the automated scripts).

- Edit -

Well I'll be damned. Maemo 5 SDK installed from the python-based GUI installer without a hitch. (Well, I haven't ran anything yet, but it didn't throw any errors at me, or anything to make me think it didn't work. After the 4 or so hours of just sitting around trying to set up a cross-compilation toolchain the non-automated way, this is a major relief to not have to have something break.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-06 at 09:21.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
This is the EASIEST video there is
Follow this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRSxQ7UoAc
(watch and follow tutorkalfrom 1:25 till end)
just keep in mind that you have to type in wlan0 instead of mon0

But before you start video know this:
Load the driver first!
And whenever you start and everytime you run a new X Terminal, you need to be root

That's all !
thanks a lot sir. only thing is i did not understand"load the driver first"what do you mean by this???can anyone xplan ?? as you all knows i am a noob here

nicholes: The "load the driver first" basically means just that: Make sure you've got the normal driver unloaded, and lxp's driver loaded. If you HAVE lxp's driver, there's a basic load/unload script that can be easily launched from x-terminal that comes with all the modules/driver. (It's even in the same folder when you download and unpackage it.)

Hawaii: I ended up figuring out how to compile within scratchbox (couldn't figure out how to compile from outside scratchbox using its tools, but whatever, not a big deal), and eventually figured out where scratchbox was chrooted to, so I figured that part out as well. As a result, I was able to compile all the binaries from the SVN code.

The funny part? I have yet to figure out how to get those binaries out of the Debian VM I have set up. I tried SSH'ing out to my N900, but either my campus network or the host Windows Vista OS is causing problems (need to dig through all the firewall settings/logs, etc.), because it never gets a response. I CAN SSH to my Vista machine from either computer, but FreeSSHd, which is what I'm using as my Windows SSH server, can't do scp apparently.

After the toolchain-figuring-out phase of yesterday though, I know this is just a matter of time. I can still probably use my Windows as the client, SSH into the VM. *Shrug* Just thought the fact that I got all of that done only to be stumped on how to get the binaries out was amusing.

Technical question though: Do I need to copy over anything other than the binaries? (Are there some libraries that Aircrack-NG uses which the N900 won't have onboard, that I need to find wherever Scratchbox stuck them?)

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
thanks a lot sir. only thing is i did not understand"load the driver first"what do you mean by this???can anyone xplan ?? as you all knows i am a noob here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...062#post914062

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
No, simply copy the single binaries out - if scratchbox didn't throw any exceptions then it's fine, all the libraries are dynamically linked.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Huh, apparently trying to set Shared Folders in VirtualBox has about a 50% chance of freezing both the Host and Guest OS on my machine.

Ultimately, I just went with tar-ing the binaries together and emailing them to myself as an attachment in gmail, which I then opened from the N900.

I appreciate your help in all this hawaii. (Actually, now that I've seen how easy this is, all I need to do is figure out how to send stuff into the auto-builder, and there's no good reason other than possible time constraints to not keep pushing the latest builds to devel, no? I think if and when I do figure out how to do that, I'm going to request to become the maintainer for the current aircrack-ng package, get rid of the aforementioned iw conflict, and do just that.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Hey,
I am new on this Forum, and tested this little Tutorial for airckrack..
But i used a N900.
I hoped it would work, everything was fine, so I started to capture some datas.
In the termina I saw, #Data 9674,
so I thought thats enough, and I startet aircrack.
After chosing the right Index, there came a message, that its quitting aircrack, because there are no packets in the file.
Why didn't it save the packets in the file?
I hope you can help me, sorry for my bad english, only "Schoolenglish"
Thanks Jonathan

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Jonathan91 View Post
Hey,
I am new on this Forum, and tested this little Tutorial for airckrack..
But i used a N900.
I hoped it would work, everything was fine, so I started to capture some datas.
In the termina I saw, #Data 9674,
so I thought thats enough, and I startet aircrack.
After chosing the right Index, there came a message, that its quitting aircrack, because there are no packets in the file.
Why didn't it save the packets in the file?
I hope you can help me, sorry for my bad english, only "Schoolenglish"
Thanks Jonathan
Data packets are useless, you need IVs (initialization vectors), that's why it says you have no packets.

If you are using the N900, you should try my GUI for aircrack called fAircrack. There's a link in my signature.

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

Hello, I have made video about aircrack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBfZr-fFag
I hope you will like it