Notices

Hi folks,

First things first: Thanks Aaron for a great job done with the VNC-viewer. All of a sudden my 770 turned into the best possible remote control for a Linux multimedia box!

Now, this is more of a Windows question, but it might interest our 770-users as well. I'm running RealVNC on a computer with Windows XP. Contacting and remotely controlling the computer works fine from my laptop and from my 770 - as long as I log in as a normal user (that is, as my wife). As soon as I log in on my own account, the Admin-account, contact is lost and I'm back at the login-screen.

So, I suspect that I have to fiddle with some security settings, but I don't know which. Most of the information I find from Google is about the Windows Remote Desktop, and I presume it's a different thing.

Has anybody managed to set up a VNC-connection to his/her Windows system, and run it as an admin? And, if so, which settings have you tweaked?

Wonders Zup

Oh, well, now it works like a charm...and I didn't really do anything, simply turned off the power and let the computer rest overnight! Wish all my problems were this easily solved

Last edited by zupidupi; 2005-12-30 at 12:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to zupidupi For This Useful Post: