Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I think it would be nice to have sort of Table on WIki or Community Pages with Application, Author, Donation Link. It would be easier to track the link for donation and people would donate more.
?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Or maybe something integrated with downloads? I'm just mentioning it and thinking about it, but that may not work too great for those people that don't bother or don't like going through the whole promotion process. As downloads only displays those packages that are in Extras. So yeah, maybe a wiki page is a better idea I'm just worried about the possibility of people falsifying entries to gain money.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Or maybe something integrated with downloads? I'm just mentioning it and thinking about it, but that may not work too great for those people that don't bother or don't like going through the whole promotion process. As downloads only displays those packages that are in Extras. So yeah, maybe a wiki page is a better idea I'm just worried about the possibility of people falsifying entries to gain money.
I don't think anyone would do it, as well as i more thought of certain people to be editors and devs need to ask to get in(not that we don't trust them, but as not everyone want donations)

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Was thinking of a similar concept...

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I don't think anyone would do it, as well as i more thought of certain people to be editors and devs need to ask to get in(not that we don't trust them, but as not everyone want donations)
Well if that's the case well I'm all up for it

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Feel free to do it! If only a few people use it, so be it.

Longer term, and with the CSSU, if someone wanted to enhance HAM & Fapman & appdownloader to use some OCS stuff to integrate it into maemo.org's infrastructure so be it.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I would also like a more organized Donate scheme.

I have donated to a few developers for programs, but now have forgotten which & so cannot be sure which programs I am now using that I haven't compensated the authors for.

An addition to the confusion is that I sent a couple of payments via Paypal to developers' email addresses, & Paypal bounced them back after a couple of days. At that point, I couldn't recall the links between the email addresses and which programs were being donated for.

Tags
brainstorm, cashprizemonies, ch-ching!, community, donation