Active Topics

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...headphones-004

I often use headphones when watching movies because I don't want to wake up my little son, and I bought those big wireless headphones.
The idea is to use the phone as bluetooth (or wifi?) receiver for audio played on a desktop pc. It would be great to, for example:

1) control the mediaplayer on the pc
2) pause in case of incoming calls
3) pause when you move too much far
and so on.

following the steps described in: http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices i get:

mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth mymovie.avi
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1607audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Input/output error
Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=bluetooth'
First of all, is this possible?
SOLVED:
I managed to do this by using vlc.
In the PC terminal type:

vlc movie.avi --sout '#duplicate{dst=display{delay=1400},dst=udp{mux=ts ,caching=0,dst=192.168.0.5:2010},select=audio}'

where movie.avi is the video to be played, and 192.168.0.5 is the address of N900. This will show the video on the PC and stream the audio through the LAN. Then in N900 terminal type:

mplayer udp://@:2010

to play the audio on the N900. You can use +/- keys to sync audio delay if necessary. I also use bluemaemo to control vlc from my N900

Last edited by cipper; 2013-03-19 at 10:47.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
You missunderstood the brainstorm setup. here is the forum to discuss and there http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/ is the actual brainstorm voting on a proposal/problem+solutions base.
At the moment the community servers need a separate account. (We have a three accounts system atm; bugtracker, talk, midgard (everything but talk and bugtracker).

Please sign up and create a poper brainstorm item, read through my signature for help.

And welcome to maemo.org!

If there is hardware for something there will be software some time!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Adjusted, thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to cipper For This Useful Post:
In the PC console type:

vlc movie.avi --sout '#duplicate{dst=display{delay=1400},dst=udp{mux=ts ,caching=0,dst=192.168.0.5:2010},select=audio}'

where movie.avi is the video to be played, and 192.168.0.5 is the address of N900. This will show the video on the PC and stream the audio through the LAN. Then in N900 terminal type:

to play the audio on the N900. You can use +/- keys to sync audio delay if necessary. I also use bluemaemo to control vlc from my N900

Originally Posted by cipper View Post
In the PC console type:

One of the latest technologies in headphones today are Bluetooth headphones or they are also called wireless headphones. With Bluetooth headphone we can move around freely without having to worry about getting all tangled up with the cables attached to mobile phones, laptops etc. There are number of choices in Bluetooth headphones. We should make sure that we buy the best one.

Rickie just one post but a good one! nice!

One of the latest technologies in headphones today are Bluetooth headphones or they are also called wireless headphones. looooooooool

Originally Posted by Rickie View Post
One of the latest technologies in headphones today are Bluetooth headphones or they are also called wireless headphones. With Bluetooth headphone we can move around freely without having to worry about getting all tangled up with the cables attached to mobile phones, laptops etc. There are number of choices in Bluetooth headphones. We should make sure that we buy the best one.
what's that, a forum bot?

One of the latest technologies in headaches today are Bluetooth headaches or they are also called wireless headaches. With Bluetooth headache we can move around freely under surveillance without having to worry about getting all tangled up in teh drama with the cables attached to mobile emotions, lapdancers, trolls, etc. There are number of choices in Bluetooth headaches. We should make sure that we buy the best bride.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:
Headphones have become very popular due to its non-stop gadget innovations. Because of its high in-demand status, wide varieties of headphones are now spread across the massive landmass. Select the one that best suits your requirement.