Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Can anyone in finland just confirm to me that nokia are actually doing something other than sitting in a boardroom passing memo's and making bad decisions, it feels like they are trapped in a timewarp over there

Originally Posted by pocale View Post
All wisdom starts with honestly recognizing the facts of current situation. And that's what Elop did, someone had to say it loud. Nokia just can't continue the way it has.

imo the Elop speech makes sense. I will be all eyes for Friday strategy news
The thing is, as Tomi has highlighted in his analysis of the memo, the facts don't align with what was stated as written in this memo - facts that Elop as CEO of Nokia should be better informed of and errors that surely wouldnt be published in any memo from him to his staff. However, at the same time, a great deal of the sentiment behind what is written in the memo reflects the current situation at Nokia.

Absolutely Friday will be very interesting!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I remember reading about a Roman governor of one of the provinces writing home that the key to success was whenever there was a demand that he take action, he simply announced a new reorganization so never really had to do anything.

One reorganization after another and a continued decline and fall? Sounds familiar.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
At the very least, it's good that Nokia's marketshare decline being acknowledged at the highest levels of the company.

I'm very interested to see what comes of this.

Not a hoax, I'm afraid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12403466

I just don't like the idea of Nokia adopting Android as the sole O/S, not for the high end devices anyway.
Simply because of all the rumblings and handshaking going on in the adware market.
It seems to me that's the direction Google are going to help pay for their services to keep the costs to them down.
It's much the same with Microsoft's idea with it's own brand of software, ie Office, Outlook etc. Eventually we will have to pay a "rental fee" to use their software which will be stored online and not on the local machine.

I have just one information for people in Nokia and I hope that someone incharge will read these lines.

In my country number of active mobile phone numbers exceeding country's population, and I believe that very similar situation is in other EU countries. So, just do the math and you will see that approx. 1/3 of population has 2 phone numbers (2 SIMs).

So, what should you do?

Just bring to the market dual sim business smartphone (MeeGo) with decent battery life and I guarantee you success.

Don't wait again that train leaves the station without you!

Last edited by kolos; 2011-02-09 at 12:33.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
This burning platform (Symbian) is still the second fastest growing after Android. MeeGo is not even put on the water. S40 is still the largest in the world. A CEO that does not manages to build on that has completely misunderstood what his job is.

IMO this is a hoax, FUD.

Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
please name few innovations that happened in us before any other market out there?
unix .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
Please name few innovations that happened in US before any other market out there?
teh internets?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
The memo is real, and has been confirmed by both the BBC and CNN.

This is a turning point for Nokia. A credit rating downgrade for a multi-national organisation is very bad news indeed.

I think Elop is going to do to Nokia what Jobs did when he returned to Apple (after being dismissed by his own board), he's going to turn it around. But the transition is going to be a very painful one for many Nokia employees, there's going to be carnage in the ranks.

Frankly, it's about time someone took Nokia by the scruff and gives it a good shake.

Also, hate to say this as I'm a Meamo fan and have been waiting for Meego for a long time, but I think joining forces with Microsoft would be the best thing for Nokia.

They need to get their heads around a competitve OS. Why spend a fortune developing an in-house OS when you can piggy back off of a perfectly acceptable system like Windows 7.

The Following User Says Thank You to n900faniam For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org