Notices

Boh... i can use as ringotnes normally an mp3; i dont know if n900 convert in a wav format before...

My contacts's widget acive itself in bootstrap... this is annoying

My contacts dosent support actually mp3; doesnt support more than 5 groups; doesnt support multiple sms or mms; The same like some months ago...
Maybe fcrochik had something more urgent to do in the program before...

We Wait with patient! :-)

This is a great work!!! .

But..i'll use it when there will be tthat important features... without it for my use the program is useless

please delete this post

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
If mycontacts is limited to using .wav only as a rington and it a problem of the phone, why does the phone itself allow the use of .mp3 as a ringtone?
Please check the FAQ. I just included details about the ring tone handling.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
phones(BETA) needs removing and never bringing back, the blue colors look awful, and i cant remove the start screen when rebooting via settings cos there is no setting to do that?
need it all to go back a few updates

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
phones(BETA) needs removing and never bringing back, the blue colors look awful, and i cant remove the start screen when rebooting via settings cos there is no setting to do that?
I respectfully disagree. I like the new QML interface, it is more responsive and looks cooler.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
I wouldn't say I am in love with the blue buttons (very windows 95) but I have asked for suggestions (with screen shots) and have received none.

If by "start screen" you mean the "FAQ web page" it should only show after the upgrade. If it keeps showing after every reboot you just need to one time select "shutdown" from the menu or "visit" the settings window. Both will trigger saving the settings and completing the upgrade (see FAQ)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@fcrochik

Just curious. Why don't you add depency to lame and use it to decode mp3 ringtones? Would save users a lot of trouble and shield you from (undeserved) criticism. I tried lame --decode, its pretty fast. It's in the repos.

PS: You should put a fat link to the FAQ in your Sig.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
@fcrochik

Just curious. Why don't you add depency to lame and use it to decode mp3 ringtones? Would save users a lot of trouble and shield you from (undeserved) criticism. I tried lame --decode, its pretty fast. It's in the repos.

PS: You should put a fat link to the FAQ in your Sig.
I need some way to generate a wav file from the mp3. I don't want to interfere on how the phone plays the file to avoid any (extra) issues.

The best/safest way to generate the mp3 file is using the process I describe in the FAQ.

I keep postponing "fixing" this issue....

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
lame can decode mp3 to wav fine and fast.

Code:
lame --decode infile outfile
Is that not reliable enough or what do you mean?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
lame can decode mp3 to wav fine and fast.

Code:
lame --decode infile outfile
Is that not reliable enough or what do you mean?
I assume that would do the trick. I will try and update the FAQ for now. Later on I can enhance the application to handle it behind the scenes.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: