Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Ireland
Some wee scumbag stole my lovely N9 at the weekend. I was just wondering if it's possible to track the phone (I didn't have the tracker enabled). It's pretty much one of a couple in the whole of northern Ireland so it's pretty unique. Would appreciate your help guys

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
If you keep an ear to the ground it will turn up. More than likely whoever knicked it will have done it to sell it.

There isn't many places other than Cash Converters who buy phones. That's a good place to start.

Also check online.. sites like gumtree have plenty of smartphones for sale.

Bad luck though mate

The Following User Says Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Cheers lads, ducks to have it stolen, the thugs that nicked it probably don't even know what they're holding. I blocked the sim within 10 minutes while it was still in the phone so pretty sure that blocks the phone?! Going to buy a 64gb white if I don't get it back.. All being good

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
What colour and size was stolen - I will watch donedeal, adverts & gumtree in dublin - phone only should stick out, but odds on the idiots don't even know what they took.....

It's a 16gb black model with Singapore firmware with non deletable Chinese apps. Small scuffs near charger port where it was dropped. Thanks for the help guys

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Report it stolen, as the police can track it (via triangulation).
In some countries, US & NL police even use the GPS function (turning it on).
In the news today
http://translate.google.com/translat...5D%3D2&act=url

keep an eye on facebook too, if you see someone's status saying something like...

"Oo i am soo HAPPY... just SWIPE..SWIPE..SWIPE"

then you'v found your culprit...

hope you get it back
GODbless

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
and this would have been easier if you would have enabled your tracker sw....

hopefully you had devicelock on, so thief only have heavy bookweight (if he doesnt read the forums howto wipe devicelock)... if not then there is one happy new N9 user...

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-04-05 at 20:55.

I didn't have device lock on but I blocked the sim card while it was still in phone which cuts off the network to any other sim card when inserted, so it's no good to him as a phone anyway.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Banja Luka
Just report to police, give them IMEI and they will found your N9. Best luck.