Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@bratag: yes

@andybehr: alright thought it would help if you still got it
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
At first I thought the N900 was omitted due to not shipping yet, but the Samsung H1 isn't available yet either, and the Satio seems to be available for preorder. This is downright insulting towards Nokia. What is with journalists doing their best to ignore the biggest player?

The journalist is clearly an expert:

S30-devices are faster than early computers, for God's sake. But no, the difference lies in that 200MHz between 600 and 800

Ooh, more expert insight:

You heard it here. The amount of RAM primarily affects power saving modes and video stream buffering. Also, when running out of memory, the operating system will increase caching.

600MHz in a phone is *soo* 1999.
It pro'ly has to do with Nokia's tight lips when this article was more than likely written, 3 months ago.

If we had Mr. Peabody's wayback machine and looked at this forum then, I doubt there would be many posts about the new "Internet Tablet's" phone. It didn't even show up on the FCC's web site until August I believe.

It also sets the magazine up for a follow up article 4 or 5 months from now about Nokia's "come from behind, "instant" success of Maemo and the N900.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@andybehr: there's a recent hack for iphone to enable swapdisk (works on 2g, 3g and 3gs), now the big games and apps (eg: sims 3) can run smoothly and without ram suffocation even on the 2g.

it's just a .plist edit and a reboot..
How persistent is that across Apple firmware upgrades?

E.g. do you have to redo it if Apple upgrades their firmware? (just for curiosity's sake since I am still considering the iPhone but leaning heavily towards the n900).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Laughing Man:
I haven't looked into this cause I don't use it as my 3GS works quite well with kirikae (task switcher + backgrounder) as is, but most preference files (as plist are) are backed up automatically even by iTunes' default backup mechanism, AFAIK.

For your use case (re: other thread) the N900 definitely is a better fit.. the iPhone though is a great entertainment device that has some productivity functions and a phone on it
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
competition, n900