Notices

Ive just been playing around with Knots 2 on my N900, its relatively well setup now (ie a a few tracks have been recognised in the library).

My first impressions arent the best, its quite an involved setup and once setup (barring any issues on the way) the Knots 2 GUI is quite poor imo. Sorry I dont want to sound ike a damp squib, Im just looking at this from a fresh set of eyes. I mean to say I think Knots 2 is great idea - ie your entire collection streamed anywhere you are but for the bog standard end user its just too hard (Im not a complete n00b myself).
Is there any way of setting up Knots 2 with an easy one click installer package? Is that a possibility in the future? I just think something like this could be a real killer application for the tablets (especially the N900 as its relatively mainstream) but, normal users wont event attempt this.

In addition - do you think it would be possible to integrate the knots server into the existing N900 media player? (much like uPnP devices are now on the home network). Imagine if it was integrated , it would make the an amazing piece of software.

Im really sorry if Im being a bit critical - I can see the N900 go places, its got massive potential, its just that so many applications are out of reach for normal users and would love to see Maemo do well..

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Ive just been playing around with Knots 2...

My first impressions arent the best, its quite an involved setup and once setup (barring any issues on the way) the Knots 2 GUI is quite poor imo. Sorry I dont want to sound ike a damp squib, Im just looking at this from a fresh set of eyes.
How, specifically, would you like the UI to look and work? Maybe you could ctrl-p to take some screenshots, and show what to improve, with sketches.

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
I mean to say I think Knots 2 is great idea - ie your entire collection streamed anywhere you are but for the bog standard end user its just too hard (Im not a complete n00b myself).
Is there any way of setting up Knots 2 with an easy one click installer package? Is that a possibility in the future?
That's a bit like asking for a free car that knows where you want to go. Specifically what in the setup do you think could be automated, that isn't now?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post: