Active Topics

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
keep up the good work might try someday, too bad there arnt any keyboards with scandinavian layout, or atleast I havnt found any :\ I guess german QWERTZ is closest layout I could find (http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/d...?pid=27&cat=11)
but I think NUU minikey looks better tho.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Hmm that's strange the link should work, it works for me, can anybody else test the link to check if it works?
I get an HTTP 500 server error, no matter the browser I use (either on my laptop or my N9), so that's strange it works for you. Is shapeways.com restricted in access to some locations? I'm in Europe and not in China, so normally I can access to any website without restrictions. Perhaps I should try with Tor anyway. :/ I'd like to see your N9 housing, and perhaps to order one. By the way, does Shapeways.com deliver outside the US, and what are the shipping costs? It could be useful (and cheaper) to European people if you could submit your prototype to other 3D printing companies located in Europe, like Sculpteo or Materialise NV.

TBH the NUU MiniKey is incredibly slim! It will only add 5mm to the N9's thickness of 12.1mm, meaning a total thickness of 17.1mm.

Whereas the N900 had around 18mm thickness. So its just less then the N900 but much more beautiful to look at
That's good to know! I expect it to look bulkier than the N900 however, with the longer height and width (larger screen).

I don't have another camera atm but when I get my hands on one I will actually make a video of it and put it on youtube, working all week so most likely gonna be a little while.
I look forward to watching it!

As for the bluetooth, well some work needs to happen for that to be smooth, atm the N9 requires you to pair any bluetooth keyboard using BTInput if the connection is lost, BUT I am working on programming a ProfileMatic event that will involve an NFC Sticker and some clever commands which should make it more usable

I will work on it and when I get it all working smoothly will post instructions as well as links to get the NFC Sticker ect.
And I look forward to trying it too!

Just bear with me, and in the mean time you can purchase the bracket from ShapeWays
Actually, no I can't. :[

It is an early version, I will be thinking of maybe getting it created using injection moulded instead of 3D Printed, but that will have to be when I have more time, for now it is what it is, an early access way to use the N9 more efficiently for typing
Could you explain what would be the benefits of an injection moulded version? More accurate dimensions, better fit, more optimal shape?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-24 at 14:09.

More prone to damages
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
More prone to damages
The injection moulded version would be more prone to damages? Why?

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I get an HTTP 500 server error, no matter the browser I use (either on my laptop or my N9), so that's strange it works for you. Is shapeways.com restricted in access to some locations? I'm in Europe and not in China, so normally I can access to any website without restrictions. Perhaps I should try with Tor anyway. :/ I'd like to see your N9 housing, and perhaps to order one. By the way, does Shapeways.com deliver outside the US, and what are the shipping costs? It could be useful (and cheaper) to European people if you could submit your prototype to other 3D printing companies located in Europe, like Sculpteo or Materialise NV.
Nope, I am in the UK hence I said I am working at the Olympics this year :P Shapeways ships worldwide so I do not understand why you cannot access it

Have you tried accessing it directly? Shapeways and then just doing a search for 'nuu minikey bracket'

Sculpteo link is here : http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH

Could you explain what would be the benefits of an injection moulded version? More accurate dimensions, better fit, more optimal shape?
None of the above, just a smoother finish. TBH the only reason is for pricing, just want to check if the 3D Printing method is the cheapest method, just so its cheaper for users here

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-06-26 at 22:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
That looks great (the link works fine for me), you know you don't have to use shapeways, there might will be local commercial and hobby 3D printerers in your area who might be cheaper.

To address concerns about having a chunky unit, couldn't you just snap in your n9 when you need a keyboard, and the rest of the time you leave it out?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I couldn't find the bracket either. I tried search terms nuu and minikey and bracket, though there were so many bracket entries i only went through the first six pages. I am in the US. What is your user name on the site?

You searched for
nuu minikey
We found 0 products!

Last edited by geneven; 2012-06-24 at 22:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Nope, I am in the UK hence I said I am working at the Olympics this year :P Shapeways ships worldwide so I do not understand why you cannot access it

Have you tried accessing it directly? Shapeways and then just doing a search for 'nuu minikey bracket'

Or try this link http://shpws.me/9rX3

None of the above, just a smoother finish. TBH the only reason is for pricing, just want to check if the 3D Printing method is the cheapest method, just so its cheaper for users here
I'll be in London soon for holidays. But Shapeways.com is located in the US, that's why I thought you were from there too.

I tried everything for Shapeways.com, including accessing it directly without specifying the URL for the N9 housing, but I always got the HTTP 500 error. Friends of mine can access it without any problem, so I guess it is not really a "server internal error", but an error with my computer. What is surprising is that I can't access it from the N9 nor from the computer, and I can't access it with the computer connected via 3G tethering nor with a wifi connexion. That's very odd.

Would you share the 3D model you built so that I could upload it to another website (Sculpteo seems quite good and inexpensive) or a local printerer, as suggested by Mrsellout? I would understand if you wouldn't agree to share it, of course.

A friend made sent me screenshot of your housing, I was too curious. Pretty neat bracket! The only thing it lacks in my opinion is a rounded shape on the external side, and not only on the internal one. It would probably feel less chunky, and be easier to hold. But I don't know if it can be easily achieved with 3D printing.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-24 at 22:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I couldn't find the bracket either. I tried search terms nuu and minikey and bracket, though there were so many bracket entries i only went through the first six pages. I am in the US. What is your user name on the site?

You searched for
nuu minikey
We found 0 products!
Please hold off for a while!

I have had to reupload it as there was an error in the image, I didn't want anybody ordering it with the flaw

I have reuploaded it and it should be back on the site soon, I will repost the new link and update links as soon as they are available

Would you share the 3D model you built so that I could upload it to another website (Sculpteo seems quite good and inexpensive) or a local printerer, as suggested by Mrsellout?

A friend made sent me screenshot of your housing, I was too curious. Pretty neat bracket! The only thing it lacks in my opinion is a rounded shape on the external side, not only the internal one. But I don't know if it can be easily achieved with 3D printing.
The rounder shape is actually there in Google Sketchup but I have a feeling the edges are quite hard to be replicated using a 3D Printer The N9 itself doesn't have rounded edges anyways so it goes with its design.

I don't want to share the design file itself just yet. If you let me know other sites I will happily upload it onto them

Uploading it onto Sculpteo atm

UPDATE: Sculpteo breaks my model and does not let me stop it from trying to repair it..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-06-24 at 22:48.

The rounder shape is actually there in Google Sketchup but I have a feeling the edges are quite hard to be replicated using a 3D Printer The N9 itself doesn't have rounded edges anyways so it goes with its design.
I just fear that 90° angles would be terrible to hold in hand while calling, and to carry in a pocket (it would kill a jean's pocket in one week). Just rounding the long edges like on the N9 would be nice.

I don't want to share the design file itself just yet. If you let me know other sites I will happily upload it onto them
I totally understand, no worries. Perhaps it would be useful to compare the services provided among different sites, but again Sculpteo seems OK and not that much expensive. You could even have a store with them I think, and make some money from the few units we are gonna order.

Tags
nokia n955