Active Topics

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I want to revive my N9 and I was wondering where can I find an original black housing for it (if there's such thing still), and if there aren't originals left available, where can I find the next best thing?

I also need to find a USB port replacement as mine is kinda broken.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I reside in the USA, so I'm am constantly looking for a legit site that can also ship to the USA.

Last edited by bandora; 2016-10-25 at 19:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
When I bought my N9, I got one in a beat-up housing with the intention of swapping the outers. I bought a housing through eBay from China, shipped to the UK for ~£10, similar to this one. The item included all the electronic components that are part of the case, so was a straight swap, and was a very good match for the original.

The housing I was sent happened to have one of the four screwholes mis-moulded, but on sending a picture to the seller they offered to send another at no charge (and didn't need the other returned). I never actually got around to swapping to the replacement: it's sat in the cupboard as a spare.

Re: wear and tear, I have a snap-on case over the housing, but the exposed portions have shown little wear in the year I've owned my N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to kazzie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I've never heard of this store, is it something that you just googled or have used before?

Originally Posted by kazzie View Post
When I bought my N9, I got one in a beat-up housing with the intention of swapping the outers. I bought a housing through eBay from China, shipped to the UK for ~£10, similar to this one. The item included all the electronic components that are part of the case, so was a straight swap, and was a very good match for the original.

The housing I was sent happened to have one of the four screwholes mis-moulded, but on sending a picture to the seller they offered to send another at no charge (and didn't need the other returned). I never actually got around to swapping to the replacement: it's sat in the cupboard as a spare.

Re: wear and tear, I have a snap-on case over the housing, but the exposed portions have shown little wear in the year I've owned my N9.
I've seen these on Ebay but I've always been hesitant to buy them.. I guess I can give it a try.

Last edited by bandora; 2016-10-26 at 13:38.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I've never heard of this store, is it something that you just googled or have used before?
Used them back in 2013 for a number of Nokia 808 parts as this model never officially imported into the UK.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I've used them for N9 and 808 parts. I might have just been lucky, but everything I have ever gotten from them has been top-notch.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Used them back in 2013 for a number of Nokia 808 parts as this model never officially imported into the UK.
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I've used them for N9 and 808 parts. I might have just been lucky, but everything I have ever gotten from them has been top-notch.
That's good to know, I'll keep them in mind!

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
This might not be an option for you, but I would still go and check phone repair shops and old nokia shops. When I wanted 100% original replacements I went to a nokia repair shop and got the part from there. I got a replacement housing as late as March 2015 (white).

Be aware tho: original parts from these shops are hideously expensive, at least here in Helsinki.

Originally Posted by paolo_3_1415926 View Post
This might not be an option for you, but I would still go and check phone repair shops and old nokia shops. When I wanted 100% original replacements I went to a nokia repair shop and got the part from there. I got a replacement housing as late as March 2015 (white).

Be aware tho: original parts from these shops are hideously expensive, at least here in Helsinki.
Unfortunately there are no such places here in Michigan, USA..