Active Topics

Originally Posted by aerod View Post
Yes that works fine - Thanks for the pointer.

If anyone else is interested this is what I did to get the bluetooth running.

# echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/usbhostpwr_en
# echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/usbotgdrv_en
# modprobe ohci-hcd

# dmsg
ohci_hcd: 2006 August 04 USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
s3c2410-ohci s3c2410-ohci: S3C OHCI
s3c2410-ohci s3c2410-ohci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
s3c2410-ohci s3c2410-ohci: irq 47, io mem 0x74300000
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using s3c2410-ohci and address 2
usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth USB driver ver 0.3
usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb

# hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:15:83:15:A3:0C ACL MTU: 672:4 SCO MTU: 48:1
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:1077 acl:0 sco:0 events:41 errors:0
TX bytes:424 acl:0 sco:0 commands:41 errors:0

Just what I wanted, now I can connect to my bluetooth GPS
Hi, I am new at all this and I was wondering if you could explain this a bit more. I can't get my BT to work. Thanks

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Wifi is working (not for me, I have a faulty device).

I don't know if anyone used bluetooth, since it is connected to USB, so you need to change to host mode in order to use it. It should work, though, as it is simply a USB bluetooth device, and Linux supports those.

The CPU has video acceleration, and it is supported. It can play a 4000Kb/s encoded 768x576 resolution divx video at full speed.

The CPU has 2D/3D acceleration support, and the details needed to write a driver are available, but no one wrote a driver yet. This I plan to do, but it will probably take a long time.

Of course, LCD, touch, audio, buttons, SD, etc. are working.

Matan,

You say the details needed to write an accelerated graphics driver are available. Where would one go to find that information? - I need to get the opengl ES on the smart Q5/7 working with QT Embedded Linux. I cannot find any information about the Linux opengl api for the S3C6410 anywhere. Any information or pointers on how to go about this would be much appreciated. I am on a huge learning curve here, but I can normally pick things up pretty quickly once I can get my head around what actually needs to be done.

aerod

Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Hi, I am new at all this and I was wondering if you could explain this a bit more. I can't get my BT to work. Thanks
Ok, I'll try, I am assuming you are able to get to a command prompt via ssh?

On the Q5, the bluetooth chip is connected internally via USB.
By default the Q5 is configured as a USB device rather than a USB host. This means that as far as the kernel is concerned there is no USB host available and therefore no USB devices can be attached to it. As the bluetooth chip is a USB device, it cannot be found by the kernel at startup and therefore is not available.

To solve this you need to tell the Q5 USB to be a host. This is archived by entering the following two commands:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/usbhostpwr_en
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/usbotgdrv_en

By echoing the number 1 to these two virtual files, you are telling the kernel to enable the usb host. If you were to send 0 you would be telling the kernel to disable host mode.

Once the device is disabled, you need to load in the appropriate kernel module, this would normally happen at boot, but because the USB host did not exist at boot, the module did not get loaded.

To load the module you just need to enter

modprobe ohci-hcd

This loads the ochi-hcd module into the kernel, which will, then register any attached USB devices it finds (i.e the bluetooth chip)

The dmsg command just shows the kernel log, it is not required to make bluetooth work, it just shows what has happened. If you are still having problems, post the last part of dmsg having performed the previous commands, it may give me some indication of what is happening on your system.

The hciconfig command just displaying the bluetooth device information, again, it is not required other than to show it is working.

Once the blue tooth is available, the normal bluetooth commands can be used to manage connection.

Near the start of this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=79
Yes, I found that last night but it was not clear what I needed to download. Please could you elaborate?

The file

http://www.mt-system.ru/documents/s3....10_080822.pdf

contains the (chip related) information needed to write a 3D driver (chapter 42). Of course, you also need to know how to write OpenGL drivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
The file

http://www.mt-system.ru/documents/s3....10_080822.pdf

contains the (chip related) information needed to write a 3D driver (chapter 42). Of course, you also need to know how to write OpenGL drivers.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I could not find that anywhere. probably looking too hard! Thanks for your help

I can't remember and as this site has a non useful search engine so this could be dubble post:

http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/s...ded-space.html

Both smartq5 and smartq7 have the same stupid setup - with 106 mb unused! (on the device)

And it's easy to get a extra 100mb of swapfile. I used smartq7 v3 (original) and installed gparted (change /etc/apt/sources.list - 192.... to repository.handhelds.org). To resize the swapfile - close all programs before you use gparted. Start gparted and highlight swapfile. Under "partition" you chose "swapoff" now resize.

My swap file is now 228 mb and it did make my device much more responsive.

and if you thinking of stay on smart.cn firmware use this to get a extra big swapfile;

http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/s...-to-384mb.html

I would like a similar howto on the mer install...

(I'm a noob - not a hacker)
Edit to make it little more understandable - I shouldn't post in the middle of the night TNX Tso - see later post - for my first version see next post

Last edited by bezeen; 2009-06-18 at 20:12.

Originally Posted by bezeen View Post
Both smartq5 and smartq7 have the same stupid setup - with 106 mb unused! (on the device)

And it's easy to get a extra 100mb of swapfile. I used smartq7 v3 (original) and installed gparted (change /etc/apt/sources.list - 192.... to repository.handhelds.org). I was stupid enough to Resize the swapfile - AND I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE TO TRY IT - you may break your device - use the web address above - and follow it (if you are stupid and want to try to resize - close all programs before you use gparted). If you are willing to try - my swap file is now 228 mb and it did make my device much more responsive. And if you use the web site to make to two swapfiles or make one big swapfile a can say - this really made my smartq much faster...

And i can't understand how any person - Chinese or other can make a linux tablet and don't use all memory on the card to swap file.
I'm confused, you say you were stupid and can't recommend it but then go on to say why don't they use all the memory and how much faster it makes your SmartQ.

Why are you stupid? please explain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nation.A.List For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
I'm confused, you say you were stupid and can't recommend it but then go on to say why don't they use all the memory and how much faster it makes your SmartQ.

Why are you stupid? please explain.
I didn't follow the instruction and deleted the swapfile in use and i made a new bigger one - i think gparted shouldn't allow it - but it worked fine for me (i think you should mess with the swapfile you're running on).
EDIT
As Tso has pointed out - gparted has a swapoff alternative - that i think i came up as a alternative then i tried to delete the partition (i was i little tired).

(And I'm sorry for the stupid post, i shouldn't post in the middle of the night - and my English isn't the best...)

Last edited by bezeen; 2009-06-18 at 20:14.

Tags
parting of the red sea