Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by achilles333 View Post
I installed 1.6, it is working great. But now I frequently see the warning about flight mode - aegis (you know what i'm talking). I just want to know is this problem only for flight mode or power saving mode also? Because my power saving mode rule isn't enabled though conditions met!
According to API docs both Power Saving Mode and Flight Mode should not work if the credential is missing.

Funnily enough, it seems, at least on my phone, that the Power Saving Mode is activated even if the credential is missing. Only Flight mode is not activated.

But for you it seems to "work as intended". The warning should have the power saving mode on the warning also.

damn! why the hell power saving mode is restricted by aegis. I know you would hav already contacted nokia dev for this. is there a chance that this restriction will be lifted in future?

I didn't see this posted, but any chance a rule can be triggered by the power state?

For example, if its plugged in turn on Bluetooth

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I installed 1.6, it is working great. But now I frequently see the warning about flight mode - aegis (you know what i'm talking). I just want to know is this problem only for flight mode or power saving mode also? Because my power saving mode rule isn't enabled though conditions met!
I'm getting the same annoying message too, I'm currently only using the Flight Mode rule. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

damn! why the hell power saving mode is restricted by aegis. I know you would hav already contacted nokia dev for this. is there a chance that this restriction will be lifted in future?
I think it's highly unlikely it will be removed in future. Most likely, in PR1.3 it won't work at all with ProfileMatic.

Then the only way to have it work is to use Inception or open kernel.

Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
I didn't see this posted, but any chance a rule can be triggered by the power state?

For example, if its plugged in turn on Bluetooth
That's one of my TODOs, but I can't say when it'll be implemented.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
I suspected the Aegis thing too!! As you said, even I noticed that value in settings changed, but did not have any effect. The 2.5/3.5 sign or wifi icon definitely goes away on my N9 if I flick the switch for background connections to off. Sometimes, the sign doesnt go away immediately as something is using the network at that moment, but then goes away after a few minutes, and may be that is what you saw.
I couldn't find a way to easily change the "Background connections" so that it works. So I will have to release a version that has it removed. Sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
That's one of my TODOs, but I can't say when it'll be implemented.
Cool, thanks for all your work!

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I think it's highly unlikely it will be removed in future. Most likely, in PR1.3 it won't work at all with ProfileMatic.

Then the only way to have it work is to use Inception or open kernel.
I wonder how "Toggle PSM" app working. It toggles Power saving mode. May be I need to execute command to execute this app in custom rule. What do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
I see warning about aegis at startup, but nevertheless setting Power Save Mode on works for me in my time based "Night" rule which I have.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post: