Active Topics

Notices

I'm a new user of the n900. Can anyone help me fix the color of the videos projected in my TV using the n900? It is really darker than what is projected by the LCD screen of my n900. Yellow appears to be red and the red appears to be orange. Sorry guys if you would consider this a noob question coz I'm really a noob n900 user.

Have a look at your television manual.

Try using other means of playing video, like hooking up your PC to the TV or something. The quality I don't think gets better. I really never tried mine since it just doesn't work.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Try adjusting your TVs colour, brightness, contrast etc.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jonpatricktan View Post
I'm a new user of the n900. Can anyone help me fix the color of the videos projected in my TV using the n900? It is really darker than what is projected by the LCD screen of my n900. Yellow appears to be red and the red appears to be orange. Sorry guys if you would consider this a noob question coz I'm really a noob n900 user.
I think it's down to the composite video TV output. Colours are dull and the output is much darker than what you see on the LCD. You can see this in the videos that I recorded using the TV out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a19gwXxAbuU

My website

GitHub

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Does PAL and NTSC matches between device and TV? And use the proper TV-in (AV or Scart (video, s-video or whatever its called not the green and blue Pb and Pr inputs)

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

Thank you guys for replying. I'm sure that I'm using the right cables and I have tried both PAL and NTSC. I have another dillema though. I have an LCD TV in my car and it iswidescreen. I used the 5800 video out before and I was able to view the videos in widescreen by setting the TV output on my 5800 in "Widescreen". However, when I use my n900 now it doesn't maximize the whole screen. I checked the settings of my N900 and it only allows me to choose between PAL and NTSC. The LCD TV in my car shows the same picture size in both PAL and NTSC. Am I missing something? I saw videos demonstrating that the n900 can project videos in full screen on the widescreen TVs. I really hope you guys can help me out on this one as well. I can live with the color quality but I really hope there is a solution to the video output issue that I currently have. Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate your help.

I don't think what you want is possible. When it comes to video, the N900 is lacking hard. Great codec support, but that's about it.

Thank you mattbutsko. I guess I have to live with the TV output of my n900. I'm still very glad of its features though. But I hope I get a solution to my TV out screen issue in the future. It's somehow frustrating to know that the other Nokia units have an option for normal or widescreen TV out and this powerful beast lacks that feature.