I was installing software on my 770 today, and I suddenly found that the Extras repository is just plain gone! Not for just one OS, but it doesn't appear to exist:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
I'm getting a 404 error.
And the main repository just says "Almost MeeGo ".

On top of that, I also just noticed that the "default" http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com repository is also just plain gone.

Whats happening? I know these three repositories worked fine yesterday, and I think they were working not that long ago!

-rob

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Yep the repositories are gone for me too.

They seem to be up now, but I honestly won't be surprised when they do get around to pulling the plug (and not giving any warning) on the repos.

Someone did start a mirror awhile ago, don't know if that's still up and I lost my bookmark...

If I wasn't always running out of hdd space, I'd host a mirror of all the packages from the various repos =\

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
They seem to be up now, but I honestly won't be surprised when they do get around to pulling the plug (and not giving any warning) on the repos.
What on earth makes you think that?
It has been explicitly stated that maemo.org will continue as is. Especially the repos will not be pulled in the foreseeable future. And not without warning.

If you go and take a look at the downloads page, you'll notice the counter there. >12 000 000, you don't pull something like that.

What happened was that the dns got a wrong name. And it got fixed in roughly 7 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
tekojo,
btw. Do you have any detailed statistics about server uptime. It would be interesting to monitor quality of service.