Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I did a classic drop test on my N900 today; I've had it for about three days and was listening to music and set it down and ... it did a classic belly-flop, screen first, onto the hard kitchen floor from three or four feet. I have ordered a screen protector but it is taking its time getting here.

Fortunately, it was undamaged. My N800 and N810 are ok, too!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
try this ebsite for original nokia parts...
www.klc.fi

hope this helps

If you're willing to take things into your own hands, you could try polishing the screen to remove the scratch. Some companies sell a cheap paste and cloth that's supposed to be able to remove scratches.

WARNING: I have never done this, and I have no idea if this will destroy your screen. There seem to be some concerns about whether this kind of polish will work on a touch screen. I wasn't able to find a definitive answer about if it is safe to do or not on a touchscreen. However, it will be much cheaper than replacing the screen. I strongly recommend doing a lot of research before trying this.

If you try this, please report back with the results.

Here are some links:

1 2 3 4

dont feel bad i droped mine in the toliet just after 2 days of owning it. guess ill put it on ebay soon it still works but no wifi and has the reboot bug.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hove, UK
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Look into ordering the screen for $32 (link below) and do it yourself

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...WINDOW+ASSY%22

..and let us know how easy it was..
are you kidding? yeah, get the guy to take photos of the process so we can see just how much sellotape and blu-tac he uses.

i don't think there's anyone here hating - just showing no pity for someone who publicly outs themselves as a complete and utter plum.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England, UK
I've got sympathy for the guy.

Sometimes people drop stuff, it happens.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
If you care that much about maintaining your devices in good working order and tip top physical shape, order screen protectors and cases/sleeves before you use the device on a day to day basis.

AND/OR

check the cost to replace the case and screen with a brand new one to get you motivated.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i have some sympathy... but not a lot for dropping it so often!

I occasionally drop my phones, almost always in the first couple of weeks, fortunately they have never been operationally damaged, just scratched to the casing. But heh! they need christened at some point.

Had to get the screen replaced in my HTC Hermes despite having a screen protector and a case - it was a belt-hook type case and i knocked it off the end of a banister - screen protectors can only do so much!

I think the largest part of the cost comes from the 100%+ profit most repair shops stick on parts and from work. Because you can't get it on guarantee you really should ask around for better offers. The price differences can be huge.