Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by wasserkuhl View Post
Hi, videos wont play, just the spinning circle. Any thoughts? I had 0.0.2 prior to pr 1.2, after update it didnt work. Un-installed, installed 0.0.4 same thing. This is a great application and I miss it! I have started usingmy N900 again!
might take a flash to start fresh again, I had that problem when I upgraded to PR1.2 with 0.02 installed, but I hadn't really set my phone up again at that stage so wasn't really a hastle to clear then flash again.
Just yeah avoid 0.02, 0.04 is fine so long as 0.02 isn't involved.

I'm sure you've figured this out by now but just incase, that bug with the mystery bar appearing, if you're watching a vid in landscape, switch orientation to portrait, then back to landscape, the bar will be there every time, not exactly a dealbreaker since you can just click the back button then back to playing without the vid stopping.

Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
OVP seems broken on PR1.2: all videos have length of 59:59 and won't play. Curiously enough, for me, cutetube keeps working great. I thought they shared the same core for video playback.
Btw it's good practice to answer people when they talk to you, expecially when they do kindly and with good intentions.
Exact same problem here ... but that's all right, not the end of the world ...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Antipodes
Originally Posted by ausadl View Post
Exact same problem here ... but that's all right, not the end of the world ...
I Agree. There will be another player along soon I am sure.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Antipodes
problem solved. mplayer + kmplayer gui= subtitles again. Is ovp going to be updated?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
might take a flash to start fresh again, I had that problem when I upgraded to PR1.2 with 0.02 installed, but I hadn't really set my phone up again at that stage so wasn't really a hastle to clear then flash again.
Just yeah avoid 0.02, 0.04 is fine so long as 0.02 isn't involved.
PR1.2 has certainly broken OVP - version 0.4 does not change that.

If you try playing a video with OVP after PR1.2 on my phone it will continue to look like it's just loading the video (The rounded rectangle will be moving around in circles endlessly, showing you to wait)

I miss OVP!

Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
PR1.2 has certainly broken OVP - version 0.4 does not change that.

If you try playing a video with OVP after PR1.2 on my phone it will continue to look like it's just loading the video (The rounded rectangle will be moving around in circles endlessly, showing you to wait)

I miss OVP!
read my post again, the fact that I flashed my phone to brand new is probably the defining part here, but I use ovp 0.04 daily on PR1.2. I can say that the first time I flashed my phone then installed ovp0.02 I had exactly the same issue, even after installing 0.04. I flashed again and the last time installed ovp0.04 only, and it's back in working order. I'm almost ccertain it's the 0.02 version having been installed that's causing issues, maybe 0.03 aswell? I skipped that one so I have no idea with that version. It probably takes completely wiping the phone and/or flashing like I did since there's probably traces of the old version left even after uninstalling it.
Again, I use ovp0.04 daily on pr1.2. I spent ages getting this to work the day I upgraded to PR1.2 because this app's a must have for me.
Now, how much do you want it........ enough to wipe your phone and start over?

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-03-20 at 12:13. Reason: coz i can

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Now, how much do you want it........ enough to wipe your phone and start over?
I can confirm this. I've never installed OVP 0.0.2 before so I installed OVP 0.0.4 on PR1.2 and it works.

Marxian, there is no need to do much work as your OVP works fine on PR1.2. Have some pity on those who installed 0.0.2 and have no other option than to reflash PR1.2 to get OVP 0.0.4 to work. Just a minor adjustment in the install to wipe out the offending traces of 0.0.2 should do it.

Just installed it. Works fine on PR 1.2, though I've never had any previous versions installed before.

Was wondering if there's a gesture to stretch the video to fit the entire screen of the N9. You can do that with the stock video player, but I can't seem to do it on OVP. Was there an option I missed?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
There's certainly something up with 0.0.4 on PR1.2. Sometimes the player simply crashes and then hangs up in the background. Sometimes during playing a video the pop-up menu hangs and is stuck only half-hidden. In such case after closing the player it also remains stuck in the background.

Finally, sometimes playback is okay and OVP seems to work okay, but after closing it keeps running or at least hanging in the background blocking e.g. USB access to MyDocs.

Note that any "sometimes" can mean here a few days or few hours. I was using the player for a few days without any issue and then it hanged up on me 3 times in a row on another day, so its random.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-03-28 at 12:18.

Tags
more features, video player