Active Topics

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Actually, the previous tablets did in fact have framebuffer support - you just needed to know where to get the drivers

iīd suggest that you look here for more information

take into note though that that stuff mostly applies to the N800/N810 - and iīm fairly shure that those drivers arnīt 100% compatible with the N900īs fremebuffer - allthough if youīre brave enough iīm shure itīs worth a try (but if you do, DONīT use the bootmenu on that site - itīs outdated - use this one instead - itīs compatible with RX-51 hardware )

mh so who will try this? i don't want to see the damn dots, i want messages like on my laptop.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Did you have your tablet connected to PC in mass storage mode and then took out the cable without proper unmounting / stop using USB device in both scenario?
No 100%, I didn't even connected to PC after the flashing, as a matter of fact I did, it was briefly connected to PC suite over BT but I don't think it could be the reason for jet another brick issue

Reflashed again and I'm having problems with frequent restarts as before, shame on you Nokia :/

I experienced exactly the same thing. Lot of random reboots in the first hours of using it. Then the five dots, first animated and frozen afterwards. I made the biggest mistake in leaving it in that state and let the batteries run empty so it was impossible for me to do a firmware flash. I considered going out for a external charger for the battery and do the firmware flash again but the constant reboots had made me worried too much. In result I sent the device back to Nokia after having it in house for only a few hours

I still think the n900 is a killer device but I'll check back in a few months when the child diseases has been sorted out.

@remmie, maybe some of your friends having 5800 or other Nokia device that use BL-5J!?

Any hint for my problem by the way? 3 brick issues in 48 hours is a bit to much!? Is there a way to completely format phone and flash drive and than install everything again!?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Wisconsin, usa _ a.k.a. DangerMaus
have alook at this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...reboots&page=5 they have 13+ pages and a bug going on this already

Last edited by loft306; 2009-12-01 at 03:34.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I like the idea of seeing the actual boot sequence of the N900. Anybody have a clue how to actually do it?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
and there is a bug for this too:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6350

e: for now it seems that reboots occur because of a broken hardware. Atleast I am trying to contact Nokia Online Store Finland for further instructions how to return, can I get replacement soon or must I go to the line and wait for everyone else to get theirs before.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2009-12-01 at 04:51.

Tags
lack of quality control