Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
@esthreel: This is basic mounting knowledge for linux. You have to give rights to the user (since you run the filemanager as 'user').
you first need the id of your user and users group:

to find out, enter:

Code:
id user
and you will get the user's id. (You will probably get 29999 for both 'user' id and the 'users' group).

now, as root:

Code:
mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /media/ntfs -o uid=29999,gid=29999,utf8,dmask=027,fmask=137
Replace the 29999 with the id you got, if it was different of course.
Now, you should be able to access your files from the file manager.
Good luck.
Thanks, I will try this later. I am new to Linux (My goal if this works would be making this into QBW button.)

Update
It does work! Nice one Larswad.

Update 2
I have a working queen beecon mount button. Thanks again for the script.

P.S This is a killer feature, no, really battery dies faster than it takes to charge

Last edited by esthreel; 2010-11-13 at 23:13.

Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
Thanks, I will try this later. I am new to Linux (My goal if this works would be making this into QBW button.)

Update
It does work! Nice one Larswad.

Update 2
I have a working queen beecon mount button. Thanks again for the script.

P.S This is a killer feature, no, really battery dies faster than it takes to charge
i mount my ntfs hard drive all the time. mount to any folder then view its contents from filebox by going to that loaction

Anyone had any luck with a Microsoft Wireless desktop working? I've still been unable to get it to work beyond being recognized. Its a shame too as my 2 other keyboards and mice including another wireless set work (but this is for my main desktop, whereas the MS one is just sitting around).

Also do these new Keyboard scripts that have popped up bring anything new to the party in that regard? or is it just the same stuff from the BT-HID repackaged?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
May I ask if is it normal that my device doesn't send ANY energy through USB? I tried to see the voltage between pins 1-4 and I got ZERO.

Looks like dead. I had to uninstall the power kernel because it broke the maemo-pc-connectivity through USB, but I don't know if it is incompatibility between power-kernel AND pc-connectivity OR USB-hostmode and PC-Connectivity trying to use it for other purposes...

Just for the heads up, when I did lsusb -v, sometimes I got NOTHING and sometimes it showed the maemo 45 hostmode etc, but without anything, even by plugging two different self powered usb hubs.

Last edited by Temporal; 2010-11-14 at 02:56.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
May I ask if is it normal that my device doesn't send ANY energy through USB? I tried to see the voltage between pins 1-4 and I got ZERO.

Looks like dead. I had to uninstall the power kernel because it broke the maemo-pc-connectivity through USB, but I don't know if it is incompatibility between power-kernel AND pc-connectivity OR USB-hostmode and PC-Connectivity trying to use it for other purposes...

Just for the heads up, when I did lsusb -v, sometimes I got NOTHING and sometimes it showed the maemo 45 hostmode etc, but without anything, even by plugging two different self powered usb hubs.
about the pc connectivity, did u try the connectivity after u closed hen or when it was open?

Was anyone able to make combined usb devices work (mouse+keyboard, multi slot cardreaders, etc) ? I get the "new usb device found" and correct manufacturer in the log, but can't move the pointer or type. Single devices work without any problems. (including usb mouse)

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Was anyone able to make combined usb devices work (mouse+keyboard, multi slot cardreaders, etc) ? I get the "new usb device found" and correct manufacturer in the log, but can't move the pointer or type. Single devices work without any problems. (including usb mouse)
mine works. i have a genius wireless keyboard and mouse and it works. ive also tried my hp keyboard and mouse and it works too

anyone please confirm what are the total requirements for usb houst mode working.
I have stock kernel and hen and m doing all the steps as one did in the youtube for the mouse but my mouse is not working.
if power kernel is required for this then please tell how to do that.

Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
anyone please confirm what are the total requirements for usb houst mode working.
I have stock kernel and hen and m doing all the steps as one did in the youtube for the mouse but my mouse is not working.
if power kernel is required for this then please tell how to do that.
go to your app man and install "enhanced kernel for power users"
make sure its from devel repo. it should be version 45

shut down the phone completely and then restart. Remember it should be completely powered down before rebooting

then run host mode

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post:
@lifenexus

If i have a 3G usb internet dongle and its linux drivers and softwate as well. is there any possibilty that i can use that with the hen.

Regards
Farooq

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise