Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@ajalkane
There is nothing wrong with the execroot script. So it really seems like copy or lf/cr mistakes.
Only one little thing:
the script takes only one parameter (the commmand itself). But what about having the need to give some parameters to that script?
Then you can use quotes, for example:

Code:
execroot.sh "/sbin/stop mce"
I have the approach using a template header activating root rights and then execute the shell script in lower part of the same file.
Thanks. That's an interesting alternative and I can definitely see the benefits. At least this approach would be easier for people to just copy-paste.

I'll add a link to this post in the recipe for running as root. Could be useful to modify the recipes to use this approach if the script is not a one-liner, but I'm feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Serbia
Probably not the right place for this question, but maybe some of you know whether it is possible to do this:
Is it possible to over ProfileMatic or otherwise, to set up to a certain period of time the phone does not ring except for some contacts (contact group, like favorites I set in my contacts)?
I know I can set up to automatically change the profile in silence, but in this case the phone does not ring at all... On the N8 and C7, you can set in your profile settings to phone ring only for certain contact group and in this case change of profile is enough... Can I mute ringer for all except some contacts from phonebook?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vds View Post
Probably not the right place for this question, but maybe some of you know whether it is possible to do this:
Is it possible to over ProfileMatic or otherwise, to set up to a certain period of time the phone does not ring except for some contacts (contact group, like favorites I set in my contacts)?
Not possible with ProfileMatic, but this is something I'd like myself also. So I'd like to implement it some day, though I don't know how to do it.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I'm trying to mimic the behavior of AutoDisconnect from N900 with ProfileMatic. But I'm having problems.

Condition:
Time: 00:00-23:59 all days
Internet connection: any

Action: custom

But how can I set that after internet isn't being used for e.g. 5 mins, it executes the action?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Serbia
Sorry if in earlier posts already answered my question, but this is big discusion and I miss it ... So please:
Is it possible to have more custom actions in one rule and how?

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
The background smartsearch process can apparently consume quite a bit power. The data collected by it is used by Search application, and for things like when selecting a file to attach for example to an e-mail.

If you have no use for those functions, you can stop smartsearch with these instructions during every boot.
I use a regular rule, with 2 Conditions (0% - 85% battery level AND Not charging) and in Action, When rule activates -> stop smartsearch + When rule deactivates -> start smartsearch
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to smcsa For This Useful Post:
Can you put a new condition: GPS ON / GPS OFF ?
I need this to stop gprs when I use navi to reduce power consumption when walking. When travel by car I use power from my car.
So I want a rule like this:
Conditions: GPS is ON and Charging is OFF
Action: Custom action for stopping data

For data counters resetting we need a reliable solution, because what are posted here are not.
If I use the script with day testing and I put this one in Default rule, this solution will trigger on every restart on the day which we test in the script.
If I use the script without date testing, but with a Calendar item for 00:01 midnight and my phone is turned on at this time, everything work as expected. But if the phone is turned off and is turned on at 8:00 AM, in the Calendar rule, Advanced settings, Match after calendar entry we have only 59 min and 59 sec to match after and will not trigger. If I set Calendar event entry for whole day, again, the solution will trigger at every phone restart in this day. If I set the Calendar event for 8:00 AM and, for some reason, I have the phone on by whole night, we have 8 hours of possible data transfer not counted for the new bill.
So, my idea is to have a script which somehow will store a flag “Resetting in this day done” OFF / ON and at every restart in this day, the script will read this flag and if OFF will perform the data counters reset and put the flag to ON, else do nothing.

Want Profilematic to do something when a certain bluetooth device connects/disconnects? Read this:

I got bored yesterday and was thinking about listening to dbus-signals (I assume everyone does exactly this when bored). I also happened to try connecting my N9 to my computer via bluetooth. As a result I came up with a sort of proof-of-concept script to get the bluetooth connected/disconnected rule working with Profilematic.

If you want to try it out, you'll need to apt-get install python python-dbus python-gobject (as root). Start the script (python /path/to/script.py (as user)), choose your options and leave it running in terminal. Try connecting/disconnecting the BT device being monitored and see what happens.

The script can be found here.

The script is fully functional but, at the moment, it needs to be started and given options in terminal. If people are interested, I might make it so that the options can be given through a config file or as arguments, so the script could be started on startup.

Please, tell me what you think and if it works for you.

Last edited by slarti; 2014-02-09 at 10:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
@ajalkane can you please make that i can set time condition more than one time, this is my problem: (i didn't want to create two different rules for just one action) e.g. on monday and saturday go silent from 14:00 to 19:00 other days from 8:00 to 15:00
can you? thanks