Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
As an update,

Qt team already ported hildonized QML + Qt4.6 on N900, please follow the instruction here:
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009...e-for-maemo-5/

It runs pretty smooth on my device though you may encounter some glitches because it's still in development.

I have successfully mixing QML with OpenGL ES2 (not yet test on the device). However, that means your territory is more than expected.

Feel free to publish your innovation!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbns For This Useful Post:
Watch out the battery life differences in the images on the first post.. awesome..

cheers!

Originally Posted by Osilayer View Post
Watch out the battery life differences in the images on the first post.. awesome..

cheers!
I was charging ... now go write some apps!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Thanks bbns for your evangelism here on QML. Interesting technology indeed, I also see it having a role in the Maemo developer offering.

Hi, Quim!

I am a Nokian (NRC). ;-) If I don't advocate it for N900 who will?
Regardless, I am looking forward to see more QML projects prosper, especially Augmented Reality apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbns For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Interesting bbns! So you're one of the first researchers in the new center @ LA!

Since you are interested in Javascript maybe you find interesting a neighbour thread here about Nokia Web Runtime coming to Maemo: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38214

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Well done! Did you also get the creepy finger compiled in the N900?
Hehe, that finger was seriously scary. Next time, please do use a hand, I mean really.. :-)
Other than that, great demo's, promissing stuff with the new QT.

I'm a newb here concerning Qt and developing apps and such. I have been programming PHP, Javascript, Actionscript and such, so I'm sure I can get my head around this at some point.

so, my qyestion regarding the Qt Creator and Qml files: how can I compile them to run on a N900? or can they (for now) only run on the N900 with the Qmlviewer?

With the Qt creator they have given us powerfull tools and I (and most likely a lot of others) would really like to get my head around it and start doing stuff with it.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Lieto, Finland
Originally Posted by misterm View Post

so, my qyestion regarding the Qt Creator and Qml files: how can I compile them to run on a N900? or can they (for now) only run on the N900 with the Qmlviewer?
Check the following link for getting further instructions:
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009...e-for-maemo-5/

There were also a good example how to run QML application without qmlviewer in the first post of this thread.

There are packages available for Maemo 5.
With the Qt creator they have given us powerfull tools and I (and most likely a lot of others) would really like to get my head around it and start doing stuff with it.
Now there is unofficial Qt Creator available which have a graphical editor for QML. Check the following link for more information:

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010...at-is-bauhaus/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zchydem For This Useful Post:
Thanx for the reply. I Have allready read and seen those pages, as well as many other pages and resources.
Qt creator is just amazing. lowering a lot of barriers and providing great ease in development.

I am just curious how i could package a project if I wanted to share it for other N900 owners for testing and such.